Something needs to be done against companies that mistreats their idols.....

• I'm tired of us fans complaining without anything getting done. How many examples have we seen every since getting expose to Kpop for the first time every horror stories of companies doing this and that against idols? Reason why I yet again bring up this topic is because of Chuu. Loona is one of my bias groups and now Chuu is exiting the company and probably the group also. I read how BBC treated her by making her doing everything by herself with no assistance from management. She is treated like a outcast. I hate that she is now leaving and I wished her to stay. But under this dreadful circumstances started by BBC, I respect her choice. I don't know anything about korean laws, but companies like BBC and others that does shit like this needs to be sanctioned in some ways.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

• i think there should be a union/organization which looks after kpop artists rights, helps them figure out contracts etc kind of like a labour union

A union is a wonderful idea. Especially with children becoming trainees/idols too, they could easily be taken advantage of because of their age. Also situations like with Chuu are absolutely ridiculous and need to be prevented.

• unless BBC has broken the law which to my knowledge they haven't

mistreatment at most is a civil issue and not a criminal issue and thus chuu is fighting BBC in a court of law no? so any punishments or sanctions will be between them two no?

• It get's a lot better with the laws in Korea in recent years. Thats why chuu is probably even able to get out of the contract.

There is still nothing said about chuu leaving loona.

For now we know nothing for sure. And even if there is a setback for loona they can come out of it stronger than before.

Have a little trust in loona and Orbits. I think they deserve it.

• tbh in 2022 i am so much more fearful of smaller companies than bigger ones. now that slave contracts are kinda out the window and idols are worth more in korean entertainment, if you are in a big company you have many freedoms. kpop is just so different now

except if ur from a small companies there is so much to lose and so much not determined, idols from these companies are so overworked and treated like animals

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!