[Knetz] YouTube short film about lookism shares a look into a harsh reality

• img_20220323133611_4a0b1eba.jpg
    Article: Jin Yong Jin's YouTube video praised for pinpointing the exact problems with a lookism society

Source: Wikitree via Instagram [YouTube video]

1. [+140] It's okay for a society to be appearance-based... but no one should be discriminated against for their looks

2. [+122] The video's great, it really made me think a lot... ㅠ it seems like there's really nothing we can do to fix a lookism society ㅠㅠ

3. [+53] Unless you're naturally beautiful, we live in a reality where we are basically forced to exercise and watch our food... Losing weight made people react to me more positively but it really makes me sick that I would've been looked down on if I had never done that.

4. [+30] This is a must watch

5. [+84] It's human instinct to gravitate towards the beautiful, it's not a bad thing... The problem is when people judge others and discriminate against them solely based on their looks. Words have the power to kill or save a person, and we should all be careful. Anyone who hears something negative about themselves will feel terrible on the inside ㅠㅠ

6. [+2] I don't think we'll ever escape a lookism society..

7. [+9] That's why we should all strive to not say anything about looks at all. Pretty or ugly, looks should never be up for judgment period.

8. [+1] I still get goosebumps when I think about how I went through a growth spurt and lost a ton of weight and noticed that girls started treating me differently;

9. [+48] There's nothing about life that's equal, whether it comes to our skills or physical looks or wealth. We gain more in society by our proximity to these things which is why people gravitate towards those who fit the standards. It's only natural that those who stray further from those standards get left behind by society. How many can actually say that they are wholesome enough to navigate this cruel world while also taking care of the stragglers left behind? It's a bitter reality that needs to be accepted...

10. [+72] It's because our society is so obsessed with beautiful women and handsome men that our teens, who are most sensitive to these things, are crazy over idols too. Seeking beauty is a natural human instinct. It just becomes a problem when you discriminate against others for it.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!