RE : BTS have made western success look easy

• I have to agree. People overestimate their faves popularity too much. It's fine to start with small venues and level up eventually. Even American artist struggle with tours some who are selling millions of units of their album and kpop stans think their nugu faves can do high level touring lol

Also I thought bp tour did well? Why people are mentioning them over here?

OP

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Maybe so but not every group or artist can crack the elusive American market. Some have to be known for years before they can fill up even a small venue. I guess the success BTS have had has made everything look easy but it isn't for all.

• Some groups could, maybe not easily, but they could. I personally think that many underestimate certain Groups and don't want to acknowledge their success and impact, and therefore call their fans delusional for stating the possibility that their faves could maybe sell out arenas.

If you're a top tier Group, or a currently trending Group, many people would buy concert tickets just to have the Kpop concert experience if they like the Group, but aren't necessary a dedicated fan. A whole bunch of casual fans visit Kpop concerts too.

• Bts makes everything look very easy from sales, streams, touring and even awards. People get delusioned into thinking what applies to bts also applies to the groups they stan then get disappointed when they realize their groups can't achieve what bts has.

Before when bts announced their first stadium dates all kpop fans were extremely doubtful they would get sold out. They brought up examples like Rihanna failing to sell her Wembley show inorder to show how delusional bighit and BTS were being about this. But after bts continually sold out stadiums in a few days like it was nothing suddenly the narrative changed. Fans were now claiming even their faves could do the same and even now continue to do so.

If companies with all the resources to predict the demand of their own artist knew they could sell stadiums and arenas they'd be doing it without a second thought. People also have to take in consideration that these venues don't just book any random artist without them showing some prior demand. Being famous and getting the most streams and sales doesn't guarantee crazy ticket sales at all.

• American artists who are super popular everywhere on the charts and socials not being able to sell out arenas and theatres is more shocking than kpop groups not being able to imo. How are you in demand and the most popular artist ever yet you are selling the same or less than a kpop group from SK that only has a niche audience ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!