BTS - Yet to Come [First Listen]

• Let's see what they have in store for us

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Things I liked :-

1. I loved the overall sentiment of the song. You can tell it was personal.

2. Rap verses of RM and J- Hope are freaking top tier. Like, I got goosebumps.

Things I didn't like :-

1. Suga's verse was just not it. Maybe it was layering or what.. It didn't sound pleasant to me.

2. 1:02 JK's adlib is not good.

3. Sounds empty at times.

4. Dragging at the end.

Rating :- 5/10

Conclusion :- Boring and Bland for the most part, except for the rap. I appreciate the vibe they are going for. Unfortunately the execution was mediocre. It felt like I was waiting for something to happen but it didn't happen, I guess it's still yet to come

What are your thoughts on this song? Any standout moment? Things you liked or didn't like?

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I think this song is meant more for the Armys who are attached to BTS and have experienced so many beautiful/painful memories together. Non fans won't feel the same emotions since they are not attached to BTS deeply.

I wasn't going to say it at first bcoz I'm aware many armys would hate me saying this but Yet To Come kind of fits in the same situation as Still Life was for VIPs.

• I think this song is meant more for the Armys who are attached to BTS and have experienced so many beautiful/painful memories together. Non fans won't feel the same emotions since they are not attached to BTS deeply.

I wasn't going to say it at first bcoz I'm aware many armys would hate me saying this but Yet To Come kind of fits in the same situation as Still Life was for VIPs.

I guess it depends. Because I am not a VIP yet I thoroughly enjoyed Still Life and still do. I totally got how personal and emotional that song was.

So, I don't think that's the reason why i didn't feel the same emotions.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I largely feel the same way

For something that is meant to be a new chapter, it sounds like a disbandment song; The end of the story.

However, I know that this song is more curated for armys even though, for my ears, I hear more marketing than curating

To me, it doesn't sound like disbandment song. This song sounds hopeful.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• I largely feel the same way

For something that is meant to be a new chapter, it sounds like a disbandment song; The end of the story.

However, I know that this song is more curated for armys even though, for my ears, I hear more marketing than curating

They actually said it was the end of a chapter, Chapter 1 specifically.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They actually said it was the end of a chapter, Chapter 1 specifically.

External Content twitter.com

Chapter 1???? Feels like we're starting chapter 5 lmaooo

To me, it doesn't sound like disbandment song. This song sounds hopeful.

I can understand that, especially when the English lyrics are very hopeful. But there's something about ballads which don't exactly hit a high sounding like disbandment songs. I think it's just me though

• Thanks for taking time to listen, Daniel.

I’m actually going to echo the thoughts of others saying I got the Still Life kind of vibe with it *emotionally*. (Which, by the way, I thought was very ‘meh’ initially - and I have zero emotional attachment to BB- I surprised myself by going back to quite a few times, and then downloaded.)

I found myself on first listen to Yet to Come extremely emotional, but I did acknowledge it’s not the sort of song I would have initially gravitated towards and I wondered whether I would have had the same feelings if I had experienced it first as just an audio track, without the MV and reading the lyrics. There was something about the whole package pf the words they had chosen for the lyrics, the setting, the deliberate references to all of their old songs and videos (particularly Spring Day) that gave it much more of an emotional *wallop*… and I don’t think you would feel those things without being ARMY or having some level of attachment.

Going to listen again though now to see how my reactions are to some of the points you referenced. (Probably the opposite though! ^^)

• Thanks for reading and giving insight to this thread. It's very much appreciated.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• What was the JK ad-lib you meant by the way?

I can see why some people wouldn’t be into the layering effects over Yoongi’s main verse… I kinda like it personally but it’s definitely a very him thing. You can see that’s something he leans back on in a lot of his solo stuff. I generally do prefer it when his rap is left cleaner, but he does loooove his effects/distortion/layering.

• What was the JK ad-lib you meant by the way?

I can see why some people wouldn’t be into the layering effects over Yoongi’s main verse… I kinda like it personally but it’s definitely a very him thing. You can see that’s something he leans back on in a lot of his solo stuff. I generally do prefer it when his rap is left cleaner, but he does loooove his effects/distortion/layering.

Right after Jin's first verse....he sings it like "My-ah-ah-ah".. In the MV,Right after one of the members is sitting on a car....

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!