Is it safe to say NCT popularized recording songs on studio back stage videos?

• Now before you come in and share your fav recordings behind (those existed before some of us were born), I mean making a backstage studio for almost every song they release.

Not one documentary or a vlog showing it but a pattern like dance practice videos which became a standard later on.

So far it’s not that popular among many idol groups so it’s not fully popularized, but I see bunch of new groups doing it lately after it became a hit with NCT fans then SM did it with RV and other SM artists.

I was surprised seeing a kpop fan complaining that their fav’s group company is neglecting their promotions because they had no studio recording backstage like the NCT ones. It’s almost as if it has became a thing. And it will probably get more and more popular.

lt64IYu.gif

Edited once, last by Yumeku ().

• Yumeku

Changed the title of the thread from “Is it safe to say NCT popularized whole song recording back stage videos?” to “Is it safe to say NCT popularized recording songs on studio back stage videos?”.
  • I can only speak about the groups I follow and I know Monsta X and Astro do it for the songs the members produced (though Astro did do it for their subunit title tracks too), but i love that it's picking up steam as content. There are still a few groups who are doing them and playing the studio version of the song which is a bummer.

I love watching them work up to a certain level though. Like watching Taeil or Doyoung play with their voices to hit a line/note just right is so satisfying.

I also love dance practice behinds. NCT and Astro are the only groups I've seen regularly doing that.

• i just like watching the gestures/faces they do while recording LOL

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I love watching them work up to a certain level though. Like watching Taeil or Doyoung play with their voices to hit a line/note just right is so satisfying.

This. The same thing can be said for Mark/Tae rap parts. I enjoy seeing them add different flares to their voice to try something new/different for the fun of it.

It also shows the “work” aspect of it, especially in Korea, cause it feels like a lot of the time, their recording sessions either last till night or are at night. Shows that an idols schedule can sometimes be an event during the day, and recording for an album at night (also the fact that they have different schedules, so sometimes members will go early or stay late to hangout with members, instead of just showing up, recording, then leaving (which is fine tbh).

I used to watch them alot, now only for songs i particularly enjoy.

Either way, it’s a cool piece of content. Also the producers notes they get, that shows it’s really a team effort from the whole company, not just the members in the group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!