Summer Guys

• summer-guys-official-group-poster-2.jpg

I. Introduction

Summer Guys is a 2021 web drama starring - CNBLUE's Lee Jung Shin, Mi Na, Kwon Hyun Bin (VIINI), Lim Na Young, and Lee Jung Sic, directed by Heo Chan, & written by Yook Shi Mon. Lee Jung Shin is starring in his first drama since his discharge in March 2020, he previously acted in dramas such as Cinderella and the Four Knights, My Sassy Girl, and My First Love. Mi Na previously from I.O.I and Gugudan is building her acting career with projects such as Dokgo Rewind and Hotel del Luna. Kwon Hyun Bin also known as VIINI has been busy in 2020 with three web dramas The World of My 17, Cafe Kilimanjaro, and Hanging On. Lim Na Young previously from I.O.I and PRISTIN has also a little acting experience. The model and actor Lee Jung Sic has previously appeared in Farming Academy and I Have Three Boyfriends. Summer Guys was filmed in the summer of 2020 on Jeju Island. The drama was also selected by the Korea Creative Content Agency. It was broadcasted from March 30th to April 28th from Seezn network.

II. Synopsis

Boasting a star-studded, idol-led cast, Summer Guys is a short web drama that revolves around a run-down and struggling cocktail bar of the same name. Selected and supported by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, and Korea Creative Content Agency, Summer Guys is set against the stunning beaches of Jeju Island. The drama names its episodes after cocktails and intertwines with the happenings of each episode. Former Gugudan and I.O.I member Kang Mi-na takes on her first lead role as the fiercely determined yet soft-hearted bar owner Oh Jin Dal Lae, and the drama details a memorable summer where she crosses paths all at once with three handsome young men with unclear motives.

III. Trailer

IV. Episodes

V. OSTs

VI. Reception

Seoulbeats has reviewed the web drama Summer Guys as - Summer Guys, with crucial flaws in its scriptwriting and direction, was made enjoyable by the characters and cast. Those unfamiliar with the art of cocktail-making will also find the cocktail scenes eye-catching and interesting, but cocktail enthusiasts would especially be able to appreciate the trivia about cocktail preparation. While it is not an outstanding or unique drama by any means, viewers are more than likely to leave being new fans of its cast. Just like our heroes, the drama is rough around the edges, but it has a good heart, and so maybe that alone manages to make it worth a shot. It has received mostly positive scores of 7.9 on IMDB, 9.0 on Rakuten Viki &, 7.5 on Mydramalist.