Posts by superyeah

It's for sure paying tribute to '90s hip hop. Really good stuff.

Track 1 and track 5 have a modern feel to them. Track 5 in particular has UK garage in it, and as you might know, UK garage has been popping off these days. Both tracks also sound like what a Japanese hip-hop group might do.

Track 2 obviously has an old-school sound. Looking forward to that! They'll probably show off their flows for that one.

Track 3 is chill! It sounds like the type of beat B.I. or Bobby would hop on.

Track 4 is also old-school, but more melodic than track 2.

Looking forward to this a lot!

I'm okay with people criticizing her, trying to educate her, and holding her accountable. If I met her, I would probably talk to her about it.

I just better see these same people treat those around them nicely.

People can pretend to be activists all they want, but none of that matters if they're still awful to the people around them, online or in person.

I interpreted this differently

Sounded to me like u were saying not only the Korean but also American court would let him go with less than a year of jail so his crime isn't big

Sorry you're not at fault if u meant this

Definitely not my intention at all. You just accidentally took it out of context, as I was responding to Popper-of-Ks who implied the American court would give a stricter sentence. To that point, I say not always.

Sometimes the case gets thrown out completely and the perpetuator doesn't even have to show up in court. Or there's a plea deal for a reduced sentence in exchange for information about other criminals.

There's unfortunately a lot of people who glorify pimping, but then again, that's no surprise. Snoop Dogg, for instance, proudly bragged about being a pimp. He matured since then, but that was a phase in his life. There's a lot to say about this topic, but that's for another time.

Doesn't matter

It probably doesn't, but I was under the impression you wanted to make this about fanwars. False alarm, so we're good.

I diss half their friendships too

Fair enough, and I'm okay with that.

That's right! They captured the essence of '80s city pop perfectly. You could tell they knew what they were doing with those vocals.

If I heard this song somewhere and didn't know it was a Twice song, I might mistake it as an '80s Korean take on Japanese city pop. They really did this genre justice.

YG made the right call by not letting her release this song.

It is just not good. It reduces her brand value.

I'd rather she and the fans not care about brand value. That stuff is artificial and uncanny, and I'm sure there's a part of Jennie that wishes she could express herself without caring about any of the pretentious nonsense that's been projected onto her. She had a vlog where she was happy to roam the streets of LA freely without anyone recognizing her.

Bigbang stans make statements like this and then say we only support the non seungri members lol

All I'm saying is that the U.S. criminal justice system isn’t much better when it comes to prosecution of pimping and other sexual offenses. Some K-pop fans are overly negative towards anything Korean as if they see their faves as the exception. That doesn't seem right to me. That's all.

I think the system for any country should be stricter on sexual crimes.

I despise Seungri because he showed himself to be a sexist and misogynistic person in the group chat messages. He also witnessed SA and enabled it. I lost all respect I had for him.

As heinous as his actions were, there’s no law in place that makes it illegal to not report a crime. (The United States also doesn’t have such a law.) Therefore, they could only charge him with things he did that were considered crimes — embezzlement, prostitution, and overseas gambling.

You twisted my words based on your fanwar-driven, grudge-driven mindset. All you could see is… "BIGBANG badge… Must be one of those BIGBANG stans…" Preconceived ideas about me based on fanwars. I’m more of a multistan. It’s possible and likely that I support your faves more than you do, and I do this in real life too. P.S. Your faves are BIGBANG stans.

Blinks only have themselves to blame for the impeding dragging Jennie is about to get when her real impact without Abel comes through. I will never understand why her fandom continues to set her up. She claimed it as her song so y'all can't wiggle out of this one. If she doesn't surpass 4.3M streams with this one version and debut top 3 on Spotify Global and a top 90 HOT 100 entry like a webtoon OST....

Chill a bit there.

I don't think anyone here specifically is expecting this song to be that kind of hit, and I don't think Jennie is promoting it as such either.