Posts by pchromo4

New IUTV with our favorite junior employee Lee Jidong ticketing for The Golden Hour ^^

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Question, how is it invading privacy if its fake? 🤔

Even if the photo is fake/edited, someone would've needed access to multiple unreleased pics to compile it. The background is different from any selfie taehyung has posted (paintings, angles, etc). Editing still means most parts of the pic need to be real, just combined differently. It's not like someone drew this pic.

Finally, the translator said, "There is no debate about whether or not this song has sexual connotations. It is an openly sexual song. It was written that way from the beginning. In a company like HYBE and ADOR, there's no way that there's not a single English-speaking person who didn't recognize the sexual references. If this was done intentionally, then I feel that the system needs a thorough revision."

Doesn't this mean the innuendo is in English and not Korean? Agree that it's obvious what the song lyrics are trying to do, the point was that there are still a lot of Koreans who may not pick up on the innuendo if they're not familiar with English slang/lyrics. ADOR 100% knew what they were doing though.

Am I imagining this? Is it just the similar lyrics influencing me?

Lisa's first verse in "Pink Venom" where she sings "one by one then two by two":

External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Rihanna's verse in "Pon de replay" starting also with "it goes one by one, then two by two":

External Content youtube.com

I don't care about dating. However, I will care if an idol is messy about it - re-gifting fan gifts to a significant other, doing lovestagrams, etc. I won't unstan but I'll just think the idol is dumb and it'll affect my opinion of them.

On a similar note, also don't care about "dumb" controversies - idols who get dragged for not knowing something historical, mis-using a word, etc. The unfortunate truth is most idols did not get proper school education, but I'm not stanning idols for their intelligence or book smarts.

Also for the most part, I am lenient on things like cultural appropriation AS LONG AS the idol/company acknowledges the mistake and doesn't repeat it. If it's a repetitive issue, it'll make me think the company is incompetent and that will also affect how I stan.

Same with drugs like marijuana tbh, I wouldn't want my idol to do it because of the serious consequences in South Korea but it's not a moral issue for me.

Things that I would unstan for: assault, drunk driving, financial fraud/scamming others, grooming minors, etc. Really needs to have serious active harm against someone else.

It's because IU has never flopped before like other girlies and they need an easy narrative to explain why. IU has spent over a decade building up the trust with her fans and gp and even if I don't like every single IU song (spoken before on how I found "Strawberry Moon" underwhelming) I always highly anticipate every release. IU also has a very distinctive singing voice.

I'm glad she didn't release FB3 last year after Lilac (I see Winter Sleep as the replacement). FB1 and FB2 allowed her to explore some different genres and helped establish her reputation but I much prefer original work from IU and hope that's what she focuses on in the future.

This thread is focused on all the wrong things. I feel extremely uncomfortable how much focus is given on specific items of clothing that minors are wearing rather than the crux of the issue: companies need to stop debuting minors.

Maybe a controversial opinion, but in the kpop industry a 14 year old wearing a bandeau top on stage is just as problematic as a 14 year old wearing a white t-shirt and jeans on stage. Saying "protect them by having them wear longer shirts" is not the right approach at all. This is putting too much emphasis on clothes when time and time again cases have shown there is nothing you can wear to 100% protect yourself from predators.

ALL companies debuting minors are problematic. You should not get to pick & choose.