Posts by pchromo4

I understand you may mean ratio, possibly, but I wouldn't be sold on the idea, at least strictly speaking domestically, that "more" people are listening in volume. Demographics of the key music streaming ages has (15-35) has declined over the last 10 years in Korea, and continues to decline further.

It's entirely possible that there is simply less listener base overall.

That's interesting, I wonder what's driving it. I had always assumed the declining userbase for streaming services was due to rising competition from youtube but thought people were still streaming music more than ever, just in other places. Do you think it's people actually streaming less music overall, consuming different digital content like video/podcasts/gaming etc, or just less digital consumption as a whole?

hope she'll rest well for the rest of the year.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Crowd outside the Stadium.. maybe she should have gone for a Standing audience and sold 69000 each day.. it wasn't her typical 5+ hour concerts anyway.. just 3 hours..\

Sitting vs standing is not what makes the difference between 45k vs 69k capacity. You can't do full stadium capacity because of the stage set up and afaik it would be near impossible to do a 360-degree concert without making significant viewing concessions (with the stage and cranes). Standing would only potentially increase people allowed on the field (since you can't cram more than 1 person per seat in the stands, regardless if they are standing) but even then it's questionable since you have to consider safety and density. Psy had standing sections for his Jamsil concerts and his capacity was 30k per day (he didn't use all of the stands).

Without a doubt she could have gone for four days, but considering her condition its good she didnt.

As for profit it will surely be lower than what it could have been, but as posted earlier this seemed to be more viewed as a last chance to actually tick the box at having perfomed in the biggest avenu in korea. I doubt she cared much for the profits (still gonna be a sizable amount im guessing, taking all the merch sales into account etc)

I wonder if this will be the first and last time she perfoms at such a huge venue now that she has done it, even after the repairs are done in a few years i mean. Im thinking the new kakao arena will become her future concert home, considering the acoustics, seating and experience is likely to be much better.

Kakao Arena will definitely replace Gocheok for preferred 20k indoor venue imo though with all seating formation it won't crack 20k capacity, which is far too small compared to Jamsil Stadium. I don't think IU would ever do a standing concert, it's not really her style or suited for her music. Personally I am waiting for her to tick off Gocheok as well (will be a bit underwhelming after Jamsil but might be the only option until the new arena is built in late 2025).

I have a feeling IU is both proud of her Jamsil concerts but may also have a little bit of regret so I can see her doing Jamsil again at a later date just to settle lingering regrets.

As for profit it doesn't need to be said imo, stadium concerts are wildly profitable and tbh $5 cushions won't be what makes the difference - IU's mom runs her own import/export business so she has the business contacts to make things like that at manufacturing cost (IU mentioned this the first year her mom did it).

I think her pace of a mini album or full album every other year will slow down. Though really I think the biggest change will be no more annual international concert tours.

Someone apparently asked when would be her next concert, and she answered 'not after 3 years like this which means 2 years, 2024

She didn't release anything in 2022 other than the Jay Park collabo and nothing in 2023, which means she would be in hiatus for more than 2 years, which is like 20 year in the older days.

:pepe-shame: Whyknock, when she says "not after 3 years like this one" it means the next concert will be sooner than 3 years. It means any time before 3 years.

She's releasing new music in the first half of 2023, I'm calling it right now.

Her new drama is expected to air on early 2024, which means she will be filming it around autumn 2023 (t (it was clearly announced that it will convey all 4 seasons of Korea) which probably means no new album and no new concerts

Good thing I'm expecting new music before next autumn :pepe-tea:

The only person pushing the music retirement narrative is Whyknock, are are some people treating it as a real possibility :pepe-shame:

Her 15 year anniversary is next year, there will be new music for sure. Now whether international concerts will happen next year, that part is up for much debate.

I don't think she'll leave music. It sounds like concerts are the biggest risk so it's possible she may no longer do annual tours but I don't think releasing music will be as problematic.

There were a lot of rumors of overseas concerts next year from promoters, they might've already started scouting venues.

Touring is quite exhausting on the body so regardless of her ear condition I don't think annual tours are sustainable in the future anyway. I'm just happy she finished the Jamsil concerts safely.

Those kind of hate trains usually crop up whenever there is any "scandal" (not saying dating should be scandalous but you know what I mean). Antis swarm at any hint of blood in the water. it happened to JK back in 2019, happened to Jimin earlier this year, it's usually the work of a dedicated and vocal minority. I would not take Pann as any kind of representative opinion. Taehyung will continue thriving.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

20220919_004504.jpg20220919_004506.jpg20220919_004508.jpg

this is too much, HE'S SO ADORABLE ;( ;(;( jungkook I love this for you

also poor baby trying to hide his tattoos in the beginning but getting more relaxed as the concert goes on ;(

pls this is so freaking cute ;(

jay park as the guest today

Happy 14 years with IU!!!

I became a Uaena during marshmallow era after I saw her first viral appearance on YHY sketchbook with acoustic covers of Gee and Sorry Sorry. Cant believe how far she's come and how far I'm sure will continue to go :borahae: