Posts by YamaChwan

I just don't see the point in making this into a battle of the sexes. Creepy and toxic people infiltrate both sexes, and I don't think it's any fairer to generalize female K-Pop fans than it is to demonize male fans, older or otherwise.

Is it really that problematic to be against age/race/sex/gender based discrimination? This forum especially turns into a toxic echo chamber any time this conversation happens.

Nobody is trying to defend creepy guys for exhibiting creepy behavior. At least I'm not. But defaulting to treating all male fans as creepy predators with bad intentions isn't exactly what I would call a rational take.

I honestly don't know why fansigns are being treated like this all-access, no limits experience with vulnerable, terrified idols either. Has anyone ever been to one? Security is everywhere. Oftentimes touching is absolutely prohibited unless the idol themselves initiate it. If you're lucky, you'll have at most 10-20 seconds to talk to the idol. At KCON, you can shorten that to 1-2 seconds. At least that's been my experience over the years with K-Pop idols.

The victim complex male fans have is astonishing :watt:

Multiple users crying about how male fans unfairly treated in this thread like this is why ppl hate yall

Gatekeeping based on age and gender is just normalized discrimination. A very ignorant hill to die on, but I won't stop you from dying on it.

It's a totally reasonable take that all male fans should be okay with being treated as sexual predators by default.

Truly

It does show which song is the bigger hit among gp regardless of the award. Fact

No it doesn't. Longevity does.

Mamamoo crushed BlackPink in unique listeners, when they dropped Yes I Am and As If It's Your Last literally at the exact same hour.

AIIYL lasted much longer on the top 100, accumulating more digital points and is remembered as the bigger hit song.

ULs is just one facet among several used to gauge how popular a song is with the general public.

Hype Boy, for instance, will never touch the UL count of Ditto or I Am, but it's threatening to be in the Melon top 10 for a full year, and is now starting to even chart above Ditto.

Longevity > Peak UL numbers.

Another example.

Nxde blocked Antifragile from hitting #1 and obviously had higher ULs.

Antifragile is currently charting higher thanks to much stronger longevity and will be remembered as the bigger song.

All that said.

NewJeans spent 3+ months at #1 #2 and #3 on every single chart in Korea, and the #3 song is going to stay on the charts longer than the #1 and #2 song.

Literally unheard of numbers.

They're taking all the awards.

lower than expected NGL

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Who was #1 if not NJ or IVE?

It looks like Unforgiven is going to fight for #1 and Spicy for #3 now that Ive songs are falling faster. It's going to be interesting to see where Gidle goes, it would be surprising if it doesn't reach the top 5 though, which would make the top 5 to be 4 different ggs.

Hype boy and Ditto are also at risk of leaving the top 10, there's a song that should leave the 4 weeks chart this thursday and it's close to catch up, if it stops rising they should be safe at least this week. The luck they had with the huge empty house in the first quarter of the year letting them stay on top for so long is now the opposite with so many big comebacks in the 2nd quarter making them leave the top 10 faster than it seemed. ''Faster'' regarding these last weeks ofc because 40 weeks damn.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NJ songs experience a "stat boost" so to speak, when they return this summer.

Of course, that boost may be completely offset by the presence of new NJ songs at the top of the chart, forcing the older songs further down.

It'll be interesting to watch unfold

There is always eventually some person or people that come in these threads trying to be the content police and getting on a pedestal to shame people for comparing pop groups.

It's not that serious. There is an easy way to opt out of this discussion--don't participate.

For those of us who can discuss the relative popularity of groups like adults, stop trying to gatekeep the conversation. As long as people are respectful, it's a non-issue. And other than a couple sensitive fans, it has been respectful.

Proclaiming a Group that isn't even a Year old as being the Industry leader is foolish, and I still think it is very possible that the biggest 4th Gen Girl Group hasn't even debuted yet and we won't really know all of this for several Years so just enjoy the Music

Holy strawmans, Batman!

Who proclaimed NewJeans the industry leader? That's obviously BlackPink.

But what's foolish about using available measurables and data to figure out who's at the head of the class in the 4th generation currently? The answer is "nothing"

You really think people need to wait YEARS to discuss who's currently the most popular? That's just silly.

When a group drops out of nowhere and does things we've either only seen from Big Bang, BTS and IU, or haven't seen ever, it's worth a conversation or two.

they've been getting luck for 8 months, 8 MONTHS OF EMPTY HOUSES

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They can't keep getting away with this. When will their luck run out?

Nope its not was there even any significant release or comeback in the first 3 months? after ive cameback what happened to newjeans top 3 they just got lucky with the release date timing of their songs, usually the first 2 months of the year there wont be any big release

"they just got lucky"

giphy.gif

In case people were curious about Japan

Every time. Literally every time I see a new milestone I'm like

giphy.gif

I wasn't a fan of the 4th gen at all, and didn't really check out any of the groups seriously, because I wasn't ready to see my queens become victims of the generation shift ;(

Then I heard Hype Boy. Which ironically made me check out the music dropped by all the other 4th gen girls that I'd been sleeping on.

Now I have several groups in my playlist, but NJ just continues to blow me away. They did in their debut era what most groups spend years building towards 8|

Define popularity ???

From my understanding most popular I say Itzy, i assume they have the most subs, followers on social media out of all 4th gen ggs ??? correct me ???

Oh boy. That's a loaded question.

Popularity can be split into several slices like a pizza or pie. You have streaming, album sales, brand deals, chart (peak and longevity) and general global recognition.

But usually people start with the digital indicators, like streaming and charting, when making an initial assessment of a group's popularity.