Posts by KpopJop

fair enough. direct competitiveness is alive and well in the US. Artists have died over this beef, unfortunately. There was a terrible resurgence of 90's style violence in the late 2010's that killed off a lot of young emerging talent in hip hop

On the pop side, let's just say that I would rather get into a fight with Blinks or Army than any Barbz, fr

I mean the only time i really saw competition out here in the u.s. was the 90's when the sudden surge of bg's happened...

but backstreet boys and nkotb came out as the ones who's lasted the longest

we had otown, youngstown, c-note, no authority, bbmak, westlife, nsync, all that shit all at the same time lol

plenty of artist beef to name just in the US system alone

All of the Scooter Braun stuff. Tupac v Biggie (and Puff/Suge Knight), rn we have Drake v Kendrick, Kanye v everybody, Nicki v everybody

the artists are more directly involved there, but they are involved in more things anyway there

i can tell you're feeling it, some of your posts haven't been formatted as normal

-KpopJop

Team NewJeans at the end of the day. Those 5 girls are the most important matter in this.

I can take their concept changing, their sound changing, them flopping, them going to Hybe, leaving, being blacklisted etc. whatever they want is paramount. I just wish either side would take them into consideration instead of making them collateral damage in a power struggle. Hurts to see

i'm glad we have Hurt, at least :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This is how all real fans feel. We don't give a damn about picking sides in this battle of egos between self interested CEOs masquerading as charitable benefactors.

We just want NewJeans to have a fun and successful return to the stage with new music and new stages. That's it. Full stop.

Not a brag, but I was hanging around the OG tokkis back even before we had a guild. A lot have since left the site, but we all just liked the music and vibes, not really caring about the records because Attention sounded way too chill for kpop and everyone seemed to agree. When they first started to rise and the insanity set in, it was truly unexpected. But we all liked NJ all the same before the RAKs and all. Not a brag, just a fact, people can check the guild, page one.

If this all contracts back to NJ just having fun making good music, I'm cool with it

I agree with this. I asked what they expected earlier because I really want to know, but somehow, I don't think it was this. I also think they've been caught it the crosshairs of the power struggle here. Believing that a complaint about illit being a copycat could be the root of all this is naive IMO.

it shows an insane lack of empathic insight and barely conceals contempt for NJ

Even IF parents wanted MHJ to burn ILLIT to the ground, she should have the good business sense and ethics to NOT do that publicly

If the parents wanted to raised a milder concern about ILLIT, MHJ should have not taken that as license to shit on ILLIT

in either situation MHJ showed poor leadership skills and even worse communication

They deserve the drag. It’s not their money, they are not managing the company, they didn’t put a cent in it. They can complain if they are worried about the well being/safety of their kids but they have zero business complaining about a business decision. The whole thing make them look like typical stage parents.

disagree. It’s a parents right to bring up concerns, and it’s not their fault that they’re not savvy with the entertainment business. A parents concern is always valid

It’s the labels job to address that concern in a sane and protective way

Which MHJ completely failed to do by publicly shitting on other groups

if mhj wants to poach new jeans out of hybe and has the resources to do so, it has already been said in various articles that she can. she can cancel newjean's ador contracts, pay the fee she would incur for doing so, and pull them from the company to a new label set up by her and her investors. but it is clear that she cannot do this right now for some reason, whether it has to do with not having the investors or not wanting to give over any of newjean's current IP to hybe ect. i think her best interest would have been to avoid the mud slinging with hybe by conceding to their demands. bc now she's in a much more difficult position and her image is worse than it was a week ago.

she’d need to attract a stupidly rich and naive investor that would buy out NJ and THEN make money against (I assume) a hostile hybe/their resources

I must say it sounds very strange to me that the girls get such a big share of the earnings..... Normaly there have always been complains about kpop artist getting so little share of the profits. It would be one thing if they had renew a contract after a couple of years, but so early after their debut. Strange.

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…ettlement-money-last-year

likely a combo of having no trainee debt, having multiple massive releases and then lots and lots of endorsements

correct, expect the “fee” to balloon well past 145M once HYBE charges for the NJ IP, of which there is a ton of, as any tokki will confirm

so that’s just the bare minimum of breaking contract, then there’s the costs of re-debuting them, production and all. Then they have to recoup all that debt presumably with a non-kpop company and against the ill will that HYBE can foster

bad way to make your money IMHO