Posts by momamae

yeah I love this song not only is it catchy but it has a strong message. When gidle does feminist messages it feels so raw and real. I feel like they are very in control compared to other groups, with soyeon having so much power over the music.

I feel like people often mistake those girlboss whatever concepts for feminism but those have just become another meaningless thing.

Like when I hear yunjin talking about wanting to change the kpop industry or whatever and lesserafim has these like strong woman songs, I just feel like it's all a created personality. With gidle it doesn't feel as forced and basic. They're doing it in their own way and that's what I love about it

Nice you brought LE SSERAFIM to the discussion. I love them so so much and I do agree with you when it comes to the fabricated personality. It simply is. Their content depends entirely on HYBE, Yunjin still have a long latter to climb to be able to change the kpop industry truly and the way I think she wants to. I'm excited to see what she brings, but for now it is, for sure, all fabricated by their company.

well if i don't like the song it means that for me it's bad -_-

if i say i don't like it and not it's bad , it'll help you to sleep better tonight ?

Bad for you, exactly. Oh, did I hurt your feelings? Didn't mean to, sorry. It's really just about my appreciation for the release.

You don't have to say anything. I don't go to bed thinking about people I don't know, especially in the internet. I was just like you once a very long time ago, it's not healthy

It's not a revolutionary message in music or kpop lol Hwasa and Mamamoo have been doing that stuff for years now (and better imo).

I actually don't dislike the song (Queencard is way worse) but y'all don't need to claim it has some sort of revolutionary feminist message and that they're so courageous for such to justify liking it. It's an unserious song and that's fine.

You think anything would change by a few acts or acts done in the past? This critic is nothing new, it's tired and old af. I wouldn't call anything related to freeing women revolutionary, it's been around to be done for so long. And also, it's funny to weight in "revolution" once the point is to bring the matter consistently thought out time and in a subtle form in SK. Nothing 'in your face' would have a good result in that context.

At this point, the consistency of these materials are what matters the most.

well it's not because the message behind a song is good that it makes a song good too -_-

or because there's this "amazing" idea behind the creation of this song that the result is also amazing

Just because you don't like someting doesn't means it's bad. It's just not your cup of tea and thats alright. Altough you don't like it, it's a very well produced song, smart verses, very catchy and brings discomfort, which is supposed to. Critics bother people, you know. I can see how it can sound annoying and I believe that's the point as well. It puts the listeners to think about it.

The song is genious. Can't you hear it? (G)-IDLE is cricticizing the sexist culture that infantalizes grown women. Korean man always say they want a pure and innocent women to marry, therefore to clean the house, cook and then have sex with such figures.

So they release a track that has a child like melody singing exactly about what I wrote earlier. Soyeon is a freaking genious, she just approched such sensitive matter in South Korea (anything feminism related) in the most inteligent way. Watch the music video! They don't even move their mouths along the lyrics because women aren't supposed to say much, only act cute, quiet and even cover their mouths when they smile.

If you watched Single's Inferno you'll see how thats one of the most described ideal types: a woman that is quiet, calm, pure and innocent. Like a well behaved child!

Oh, and another thing I'd like to point out: music doesn't always have to be serious. It can be fun!

Wife is on purpose fun! The entire release (MV + muisc) is a entire critic about something that should be discussed more. South Korea would end their career for explicit feminist lyrics because they are just not ready yet to talk about it so openly and that is how much Wife is smart.

(G)-Idle has been doing this since TOMBOY. Wake up, people.

And when it comes to the song itself, I will quote myself:

Just because you don't like something doesn't means it's bad. It's just not your cup of tea and that's alright. Altough you don't like it, it's a very well produced song, smart verses, very catchy and brings discomfort, which is supposed to. Critics bother people, you know. I can see how it can sound annoying and I believe that's the point as well. It puts the listeners to think about it.

I love the fact that LSFM is building their fanbase slowly. Nice start, followed by steady growth might lead to longevity. The girls are walking an amazing path very similar to the groups that survived relevant the longest and yet unique <3

Drew_B  babyspice31 Oh you, guys! Thank you so much for talking about f(x) in such a timeless manner. Seriously, it's so heartwarming reading a forum post so new and about such an "old" group. f(x) has a special place in my heart, so many good memories watching them take the big awards and bring new stuff to the music industry.

When Rum Pum Pum came out I almost passed out cause' of the ressembling samba rythm within the chorus. I was obssessed with Pink Tape, the album is just unbeatable. I miss when the time tenis skirt was a thing because of f(x).

Thank you thank you thank you

Itzy is better off without Lia.

Their vocals are just fine, I don't see what the whole fuzz about their singing abilities is all about, especially in these latest kpop generations of idols - everybody lipsyncs. Itzy is a formation of good singers with amazing dancers and that's it.

I do believe Lia has been mismaneged. She would've done amazing in a more vocal oriented group, JYP did dirty to her. She is an amazing person, I really like Lia and appreciate her vocals. But Itzy looks better altogether as 4.

People are still this weird about idols... You have to like them for their music content in the first place. Their personalities are polished by their companies and their behavior regulated by inhumane idol laws.

Every single kpop idol is a hard working person.

And yes, I really like NewJeans <3

Fuck this shit, we knew they are gonna robbed cause they don't have any mega corporation behind them, so I am disappointed and not surprised.

Before anyone comes at me arguing about charts, listen, if Longevity is the only metric that matter then we could as well give Daesang to Lim Young Woong and be done with it. Yes, longevity matters, but so does the explosive start. Obviously if your song is literally everywhere in the first two month, then the pool of potential new listeners is smaller.

We have the karaoke charts, we have the surveys, we have the explosive reaction during the festivals, yet yall are gonna talk to me about who was more stable on declining Melon.

Damn right!