Posts by nessunaidea

So my final point is that we can't always blame kpop fans that decide to stan or being fans of successful groups, as they will have a longer career without disbanding after just 2/3 years if not less.

This is absolutely true imo, it's easier to support a "stable" group with an agency that can support the career of its artists. The situation of certain idols is unfair and sometimes talented people who deserve more attention don't get noticed or can't gain a fandom because of the lack of resources and connections of the agency (and that obviously compromise the stability of the group) but at the same time the industry is oversaturated and so many groups keep debuting, there's a lot of small agencies too, that decreases the possibility of success even in more "fair" conditions.

Silence is honestly the best response for the sake of everyone. Artists get to keep their own private lives, and it's better for fans to not know everything since it's not our business anyway. Idols already put so much of their life to entertain fans. So, I hope V & Jennie continue living their best life whether they're dating or not.

Exactly. One of the very few things that YGE does right imo is how they started to handle they artists private life because it's absolutely not our business

It's possible since neither agencies denied it... They're both talented attractive and most importantly adults. I mean both of them are almost 30 so at the end of the day if they're dating good for them, if they're not good for them also. (But for real knowing both fandoms the situation is definitely much more chill than I expected) :danceb:

Imo teenagers can debut, because in a field where at 25/26 you are perceived as "old" you have to debut young and also it's more relateble for a lot of fans (even though I've noticed that lately kpop has a lot of "older" fans too)

Contract is the key thought... idols should train/debut but also need to find the time to study (because this career is so risky that you need at least a certification) and minors should be treated according to the age, especially when it comes to protect their image and hours of preparation/training

It depends, sometimes the companies are at fault because of the obvious lack of resources and connections but other times the group doesn't have a wow factor that's it. The industry can be extremely unfair but at the same time even in a fair environment it's mathematically impossible for everyone to be successful unfortunately, especially in a oversaturated field...hard work isn't enough. Like I already said, I have a pretty unpopular opinion : it's great to follow your dreams but if you deliberately choose to work in this kind of industry you should realize quickly how difficult it is and again, if you still want to work for a kpop company it's absolutely great but at this point you know the risks (this is obviously not about serious or problematic situations...that's a different case).

It's sad that BP (and the fans) are never taken seriously in the kpop community and are treated like a bunch of "silly" girls who don't care at all about the things they studied for years in order to debut. They just don't work like your typical kpop group. Sure their discography is pretty sad in terms of number of songs (and the girls themselves expressed the desire to release more music...) but their music career is still really successful and there's nothing wrong in trying to prepare a solo career considering that girl groups won't a super long "shelf life" anyways...all of them are in their mid 20s now (wich is young but not really young for kpop standards, unfortunately) so it's a smart choice. And if BP members are happy in YG, there's nothing wrong also.

I mean...it all depends on the definition one have of "unproblematic". Being a normal person that treats the coworkers and other people decently/ kindly doesn't make you particularly "special" imo and at the same time we don't know exactly how idols behave when they're not on camera or they're not working. Also being nice at least in public and with people working with them is kinda part of the job for an idol (if I'm not wrong agencies train idols for that)

Well for now we never heard about people complaining about BP behavior, actually a lot of artists and staff who worked with them apparently had a positive experience (but also fans who met the girls said this) :starec:

I mean groups members are co workers at the end of the day... it's normal : in certain cases it's possible to have a great connection and in other cases it's just work and as long as people respect each other it's totally fine. I don't know much about winner but it's great that they're talking like this. Groups don't necessarily have to be "a family" and best friends (because for real, in a lot of cases this is just bs)