Posts by mimik77

Ohh, that's interesting. I don't really remember if there's any indication of which month the incident happened in any of the statements made by Hybe or the lawfirm.

Also violence is separated from wound? Obviously the translation is probably off but still I wonder what makes the difference between them because usually violence leaves wounds or at least the kind of violence that I imagine gets a level 5 punishment. Maybe papago could get a better translation.

Also I wonder how the reports of the incidents like the cigarettes one looks like.

Not an update but I found this in the Lsf subreddit:

As it turns out, you can access the database of school violence autonomous committees across korea and view the types of cases that were opened for each school here: [https://schoolinfo.go.kr/ei/ss/pneiss\_a03\_s0.do](https://schoolinfo.go.kr/ei/ss/pneiss_a03_s0.do)

for Garam's school, Gyeongin Middle School, the four perpetrators (herself, included) who were disciplined in that year(2018) and semester (1) are listed under "Obscenity, cyberbullying , violence in information and communication networks," and **not** "physical assault" nor "bullying." All of the verifiable items so far seems to support HYBE's side of the situation more.the table from the page: [https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/976847602689671188/980910767454973972/IMG\_6018.jpg](https://cdn.discordapp.com/att…767454973972/IMG_6018.jpg)

I don't know how truthful that information is but if true it would be very strange that Garam was given a level 5th punishment for non physical violence (as Hybe claimed), not because I don't think verbal abuse isn't bullying but because going by other cases even cigarettes burns only get a level 4th.

To be honest I'm surprised Hybe/Source decided to debut her in first place. Truly I'm not trying to insult Garam, I don't think she is talentless but she isn't a prodigy or exceptional either : she's not the best singer or dancer, not she has breathtaking visuals. She's has not pre existing fanbase not was the group created around her. I really don't think Hybe in all its subsidiaries didn't have a girl who had the same level of talent as Garam but without her past.

With all the bully scandals that have happened recently, hybe debuting a girl that not only had the rumors but a school report with a level 5th sentence??

Stranger is the fact that they have been prepared to die on the hill that Garam is innocent since day one.

And for Garam, even if she took a hiatus at the beginning, these accusations would come up at any time she returned to the group, that report (or the photos of it) would still be in the hands of the party who revealed its existence. An apology from the start would perhaps have been a better route but that level 5th offense (and the stories of when its usually given) would have follow her & we could still be in this scenario.

now if Hybe was actually smart and responded to them the first time they were served papers.......

Damn they legit made this 100 times worse for Garam by ignoring that notice and failing to take care of it privately

The law firm wanted a public apology for the victim & Hybe to retract their first statement. Any kind of retraction would have been taken as an admission of guilt of everything that was said about Garam: from being a fan of V to bash people heads with flower pots. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that Hybe has handle this the correct way (not even close) but the law firm at the beginning seemed confident in Eunseo being only a victim (just like hybe with Garam) with them saying they would reveal the school report. If they're being open to negotiations just now, even if Garam hasn't apologized, there's more to this issue...

Anyone else find it weird that the law firm didn't at least deny some of what hybe said regarding their version of events?

I wonder what they are in discussions about hmmmmm :/

A little, at least I would have imagined the law firm to deny the part where Hybe said that the victim posted those photos of Garam's friend, because that's a serious accusations. Or deny Hybe's statement that Garam never committed physical bullying, because a grade 5th for only verbal disputes seems extremely high.

Maybe there's true to both sides & they're trying to reach an agreement because the lawfirm stated they would publish the report if Garam didn't apologize & she didn't...

From what I understand it's just a public school so it would be very odd for someone from a rich or influential family to attend that school over one more prestigious.

Mmmmm, well a point against my theory of Garam being the daughter of a higher up or investor at Hybe. Because otherwise I really don't know why they're going so hard for her, a hiatus at the beginning or simply saying they will investigate the accusations would have been a more appropriate response but Hybe/Source have been ready to die on this hill since the beginning. Garam isn't extremely talented or had a pre existing fanbase, even if they had reason to need 6 members instead of 5 (the webtoon for example) a trainee transfer between one of their sublabels would have worked.

They're shipping until June-July because (contrary to the first pre-order) right now they don't have any items made, the production has to start from the beginning. The cap will be the materials to make the products. So in my opinion (I could be wrong & some materials will be more difficult to obtain than what I know) if you want more to than one item I will go like this:

-Jk's mood light (there's a global shortage of microchips, there's no way this isn't the first item to sold out).

-Metal items

- Clothes

Sure try to spot the difference. Interesting how producer called out gaon but gaon was unaffected. All events are very interesting. Innocent people.

Gaon was unaffected because said producer didn't call out gaon (they didn't mention gaon so how would they call them out?) , there's no telling if they knew that gaon was responsible for the stage or not. At that moment the blame was on bts, so it's obvious that unless otherwise stated explicitly any post about the situation would just add fire on bts not gaon. The producer & big bang family members were at best unprofessional at worst deliberately malicious. Just imagine if family members of groups got involved in the many instances of fans throwing plagiarism accusations around, they would just add to the fire, it's a small blessing that it doesn't happen

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Does anyone know how many gaon digital points ON has this year??

still as Distribution deal right. so I wouldn't expect a massive change...

low key want to see playlisting for bts (no shade to other artists in the label) now. lol

Yes, distribution and marketing. I don't think bts will ever sign as an artist under a us label.

And I don't know about changes, we could use BP as a comparison but even then BP have contracts as artists meanwhile Bts just have distribution which could mean umg not doing even that.

On the other hand, bts will be probably umg most profitable artists I mean just with their japanese album they were no1 in the Q2 over jb and olivia. Hybe should be able to have enough power with this to negotiate a good contract for them but what worries me is that Hybe is doing a partnership with umg for their new boy group so there's the possibility of umg getting bts being part of that deal.

So I don't know what to expect.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It's for apple music but at least it's a guide.

Supposedly to be a single it has to have 1-3 tracks or less & be less than 30 minutes. So if we go by this it's a fact that it won't count towards the hot100

With four it could be an EP in which case it would count towards the bb200 but in the announcement it say that it won't count towards billboard charts.

Im trying to find sources that talk about billboard specifically but this is what I found.

Whose the other translators? Could you give me the link?

because i've doubts in tmi translations since last time they mistrans jennie whole park scandal

I have seen others, the most complete for me will be one from an account called bora( it's a large thread with korean in one side & english in the other) but it can be said that it could be biased so I tried to select one that at least for me has no bias.

Also could you provide me one account that has the same translation as im_jammed ?

It's just that specially the sentence that has the word "position" at least for me it's a little sketchy semantically, it would be better if it were motive, reason or a synonym of these words.

Because just reading it does seem to come from papago, so I will appreciate if you could show another one.

Might sound biased but this one is more accurate translation. She's including the original article

Not really, I saw like 5 different accounts with translations similar to op's. It's basically saying that LSM rejected Hybe because his decision power over there wouldn't be much because Hybe knows how to run an entertainment company, so there wouldn't be a position for him there. That's why he's inclined more towards naver(who are more tech related) or kakao(even though kakao does mange artists under its umbrella but maybe it's because naver's vlive it's merging with weverse ).

I think a good example of what LSM wants would be scooter's, he is in the board of hybe & regardless of how many shares he has the simple fact that artist like ariana & justin are under his management & all the connections in the industry will amply his reach.

Anyway the only thing for sure it's that LSM it's going to end up in a position of power after he sells.

Well, to my understanding BH bought companies to have diversification on their earnings, If I remember well, in 2019 like 90%+ of their profit came from bts. That's a big sum & not really a great situation to be in if we take in consideration a possible incoming hiatus or reduction in bts activities due to military service. This was a risk that many analyst mentioned when talking about their future IPO, so BH had to reduce their dependency in bts, hence their buying spree. In 2020 it was like 75-80% , thanks to their acquisitions the % was reduced but is still on the higher side. So if they make their sublabels disband their groups they just go back to square one, which doesn't make sense & will also generate distrust on their investors because their dependency in bts will increase.

does this mean they were dropped, or is this title misleading??

Well, to begin with somu & Hybe announced their plan to debut a new gg since 2019 so that's old news. I thought first we would have the girl version of iland and then the somu group but I could be wrong.

The article also talked about somu & hybe dropping gf for the future Min Heejin group but to my understanding she's getting her own label not a collaboration with somu.

So for me it's just speculations from the author.

They should propse a new law then and let the public discuss it, for these other groups. Why does BTS need to take all the heat?

These companies endangered BTS's public image for their own goals. Its not simply a case of pushing their products, its a case of them using someone else as coverup , not caring about the bashing they face, to push their own agenda. Its backhanded and two-faced. They shuold have used other groups names when lobbying if they wanted these other groups to get excemption.

And that's the thing, these companies pushed bts to face all the criticism because they knew without them the law would never be even considered if they used their own groups. Never mind that not bts or bh were present in their reunions.

Also I'm sure that the fact that the standards were extremely high was a key factor for the law to be accepted. So I don't think the standards will be lowered, it could cause backlash.