Posts by mashimaroluff0

The thing that anger me the most about this incident is not just the host, but the way the company try to rationalize his behavior. It's infuriating not because one person's action, but because how it highlighted the society in which the host belong to allow, accept and normalized a dangerous belief.

Frankly I could careless about what happen to the host. He can be fired or not. What I care more is how people reacting or recognizing the real problem behind his words. He is, afterall, a byproduct of the society he live in. The more people who defend him, the more it bolden people like him, the more the belief is allow to perpetuate. I do not care whether he keep his job, or do I find pleasure in him losing it. I don't particularly want his apology, I want him and his company to understand and recognize the gravity of their words, and choose it carefully. I just want them to understand why what they said is so hurtful and dangerous, and for them to relaying that understanding to their listeners, because there are people who support and defend them.

No I don't think so. He mocked BTS, not an entire people even though it wasn't very tasteful, granted. I think he apologized, didn't he?

No he didn't mock BTS, - it's just the tip of the iceberg with this problem. He perpetuate a dangerous belief by dehumanizing Asians people down to a dangerous virus that should be eradicated or vaccinated against. He didn't apologize, he wrote a non-apology. His words isn't offensive, it's dangerous.

After the apology, he went on a rant on Instagram on how in the 70s and 80s people allow to say anything with no repercussion. Freedom of speech isn't freedom of criticism. Racism isn't an opinion.

I think one of the things that makes it really bad is that its kind of symbolic. BTS is the representative of Asian pop culture and Asians in large parts of the world. And to insult and downplay that and to associate it with Covid and North Korea seems like an attempt to try to erase that and push them back into the box that theyre meant to be in, where most of the news is China, insane blaming of Covid on China and North Korea. It shows a mindset and the refusal to apologize shows that theyre not willing to let go of that mindset.

Unwilling to let go of the superior complex. The unreasonable hate of Kpop is also their effort to hammer down to the annoying nail that dare to go outside of the box. I get that pop culture generally get trash on but there's always a racist connotation, dirt-in-your-shoes kind of disdain when people bash Kpop while proudly say they have never heard a thing from it. Superior complex is the only explanation why someone would proudly show off their ignorance as if it's a honorary badge.

He can call BTS ugly or can't sing and I won't give a ratass. Dude is racist and it make me upset but not surprised.

However what make me absolutely livid about this situation is the dismissive and gaslighting reactions. Yeah BTS is high-profile but casually racist to Asians are very real and generally accepted. So even if we put aside the fact that BTS is a boyband and this get dismissed, the issues is it also extend to the everyday Asians that get dismissed as well and get gaslight into thinking they have a problem when they are being discriminated against. Miss me with that bs.

Like how dare you get offended for being called a deadly virus, and because of that - get stabbed while doing grocery, hit in the face, spit on, shove on the street, verbally and physically attack in public.

If you want to make a joke, do it at your own expense, don't do it at someone else expense. Especially don't do it using stereotypes and name-calling that at this very moment when it currently pose a very real physical threat for a subset of people that did nothing to deserve it.

Not to be that person but I'm sick of the black vs asian on who suffer more whenever we have a thread about racism against Asians. Being discriminated more is not a competition either side want to win, because the only trophy for that is misery.

We can fight multiple fights at the same time. A lot of people say racism against asians are normalized because asians dont speak up. But it's ironic that when they do, people start comparing discrimination against black people. Who really win when this type of discussion take place? The aggressor and the racist people. I get why people bring it up but at the same time it's sad. It's like abused children argue with each other who got hurt more when the issue is neither should have gotten hit and how are we going to prevent it going forward. Just my 2 cents.

I'm lowkey scared the members are gonna see his remarks as this news has been trending worldwide. I really hope they don't get affected by his disgusting comments :(

i would not worry about that if i was you. bts aren't little boys. if they didn't know/face racism yet when they were younger, they definitely has since their 2017 cross-over. racism against asians are pervasive and normalized, and they have been to america many time. if anything they are in a great position to fight it.

They already saw it. That rt was not a coincident

what rt? do you mind elaborate or link? thanks

I don't. I consider myself kind of a klutz. I am easily overwhelmed by information and daydream too much.

But I have been told MANY times that I'm very observant, which is something I have reluctantly accept. I'm not observant about the environment, but I kind of do about people. It's not something I do consciously. I just pick it up. I don't read people or psycho-analyze them. I just feel it and then take mental notes without using much mental effort at all. I only sound like I read people when I verbalize it.

Being observant CAN really be an advantage. I suggest you read the book " Quiet: The power of introvert in a world that can't stop talking".

I don’t think leaving the group is the best decision

She should take a hiatus from the group - maybe 6 months until people calm down.

If she was really wrong - she should apologize and reflect. Otherwise while she’s on hiatus Cube should continue investigations on the allegations - what is true and what is not. She should apologize on what is true and Cube should defend her on what is not.

Eventually people will forget with time. Right now the witch-hunt mentality is high so no logics will be listened. And groups with members leaving never quite maintain the momentum they had. If she must leave it need to be for the right reason and not due to pressure or knee jerk reaction.

oh but this does not stop at basic needs like emotional or physical connection

the demand for everything seems to be way higher for everyone

the intention is about not being mistreated emotionally and/or physically.

how people take the message is up to them but it doesn't change the message.

having high expectation that include everything else tangible is up to the individual. but does the message of not settling for less create people with these high expectation, or it just give them the approval to vocalize them?

the way i see it, it's better that these people with high expectation stay solo and complain about it, then for them to engage in relationship and complain about how it does not meet their high expectation. the first scenario it's only them, the second scenario they are wasting somebody else time.

I see it often on YT comments although not as frequent now as it was a few years before. I'd see it in 80s or 90s music videos as an example where someone would bemoan the terrible state of today's music and how millennials wouldn't be able to relate how awesome the music of the past decades were. The same premise also pops up in videos of old movies or video games. Basically old pop culture stuff is superior and millennials are dumb for liking what they are liking. Then there's the millennials are sensitive lazy snowflakes comments here and there, y'know usual internet stuff. Point is, some of these comments are targeted incorrectly at the wrong generation, not that they are correct to begin with.

Lmao 80s and 90s music are millennial music

These are just generic generation war talks that has been going on for decades. Millennial used to get trashed even worse in the news media around 2005 to early 2010s, until they become the economical force that they are now and the trash talking subsided. Boomer trash millennial and millennial do the same.

Gen Z or Zillenials are too new, I only start noticing them recently because the oldest of the Gen are beginning to go to college or graduate college. It will be another 5-10 years before Genz really shape themselves and come out full force