If a middle school bully is responsible of their own actions...

• ... Then why is it not okay to go and beat them up, even as an adult? Since the difference between adults and children is moot following this logic.

You are a father, or a mother, or an older sibling, whatever. Your kid/younger sibling is bullied in school. Just go and beat the bully up! Beat them to a pulp so they got zero desire to do it again! At the bare minimum your kid will be fine during the bully's hospital time.

If you disagree with this but agrees with the thread title, then explain the justification.

• You should'nt do that because any witnesses can pin it on you. Even if they aren't any witnesses, they could come out bruised and say that you did it. People go out of big ways to avoid getting in trouble and if they have beef with you, there's no way they'd get in trouble purposely over you getting in tepuble instead. Instead of doing that I say the best bet is to tell a trusted authority, parents, other family members or even the police if it's serious.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• You should'nt do that because any witnesses can pin it on you. Even if they aren't any witnesses, they could come out bruised and say that you did it. People go out of big ways to avoid getting in trouble and if they have beef with you, there's no way they'd get in trouble purposely over you getting in tepuble instead. Instead of doing that I say the best bet is to tell a trusted authority, parents, other family members or even the police if it's serious.

Let's imagine there is no consequence. Out of a pure moral standpoint, if one considers a child's wrongdoings are of his or her own responsibility, why wouldn't it be okay to beat him or her like an adult?

It's a question I'd like to ask to those who basically advocate for revenge following a kid's actions. I saw people say "yeah a bully is a bully, even as a kid they know what they're doing, they have to pay". If so, is it okay for a relative of the victim to just beat the bully up themselves? If not, why?

• Let's imagine there is no consequence. Out of a pure moral standpoint, if one considers a child's wrongdoings are of his or her own responsibility, why wouldn't it be okay to beat him or her like an adult?

It's a question I'd like to ask to those who basically advocate for revenge following a kid's actions. I saw people say "yeah a bully is a bully, even as a kid they know what they're doing, they have to pay". If so, is it okay for a relative of the victim to just beat the bully up themselves? If not, why?

Hmm, okay, now that you say that, I kind of think that it could be looked at as a form of self defense or protection. I've seen that happen before and I actually don't know now. Maybe beating up the bully could be what they deserve but it also wouldn't make the protector better than the bully. I think there are more ways to handle a bully and it doesn't have to be violence. I think that beating up a bully wouldn't make you better than them, even if it's someone you care about who's being bullied. Those are my thoughts. I mean, I wouldn't care but morally it would be wrong to do so.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Hmm, okay, now that you say that, I kind of think that it could be looked at as a form of self defense or protection. I've seen that happen before and I actually don't know now. Maybe beating up the bully could be what they deserve but it also wouldn't make the protector better than the bully. I think there are more ways to handle a bully and it doesn't have to be violence. I think that beating up a bully wouldn't make you better than them, even if it's someone you care about who's being bullied. Those are my thoughts. I mean, I wouldn't care but morally it would be wrong to do so.

Interesting. I ask these questions because, in all those bully controversies, I see a lot of hate towards the bullies themselves, even though their time as bullies was litterally a decade ago, but very few hate towards the society that allows such bullying to happen in the first place. It's like the only one responsible is the bully who, at the moment of the events, was a 12yo. A child. Hence my question: why is not ok as an adult to beat up a child bully if he's the only one responsible. Not the parents, not the school, not the society in general; only him.

From my limited point of view, the real culprit is this society that allows such bullying to go unnoticed and unpunished for years. Now people think they're addressing the issue by making an example out of few past bullies. I don't think it will change anything if they don't undertake a cultural reform. And that doesn't necessarily requires a few scapegoats to be made an exemple of. Change the ways the school institution by maybe giving more authority to the teachers and staff. Teach your chidren to be supportive of each other, to have each other's back when in trouble. I don't know if it's possible in the ultra competitive Korean society where crushing others to socially rise is the norm but that's pretty much my take on it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!