RE : Ive the strongest girl group in digital domestic charts. AGREE!?

• Lovesick girls wasn't that huge on digitals and they haven't released

Lovesick girls was massive on charts . Why people talk without knowing data? It'll soon reach 900M gaon points.

Ive is the biggest for 4th gen girlgroups on domestic chart. Overall we'll see.

But i guess u can say they currently are until some other ggs comeback?

OP

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Interesting take. You only as good as your last comeback. If this is the case, wouldn't Gidle is the strongest GG recently? The fact that Tomboy peak higher than Love Dive and appear to chart similarly right now despite released 3 weeks earlier.

Also, the fact that most Gidle b-side chart in Melon top 100 when release and MY BAG currently sitting at 21 on Melon daily. This further bolster their case.

• For gidle its their first ever hit after debuting for so many years. Ive 2 hits within 5 months of debut. Not on the same level.

Ok. So now we narrow to this constrain. I disagree, look at Oh My Girls, they have 2 consecutive hit which both are bigger than IVE, but look at their last comeback, it does not do that well.

2 consecutive hit does not guarantee ur next song will be a hit. What happen when IVE next comeback do not enter the top 10? Getting hit song is unpredictable. You only as good as your last comeback.

Like I said, I think Gidle is the strongest right now until a gg comeback and dethrone them. The fact their bsides chart and 1 is sitting at 21 on daily right now further prove my case.

• Ok. So now we narrow to this constrain. I disagree, look at Oh My Girls, they have 2 consecutive hit which both are bigger than IVE, but look at their last comeback, it does not do that well.

2 consecutive hit does not guarantee ur next song will be a hit. What happen when IVE next comeback do not enter the top 10? Getting hit song is unpredictable. You only as good as your last comeback.

Like I said, I think Gidle is the strongest right now until a gg comeback and dethrone them. The fact their bsides chart and 1 is sitting at 21 on daily right now further prove my case.

No. Gidle at the end has only one hit on the chart currently. Ive has two.

The only group you can argue above being ahead of ive is aespa for 4th gen. And currently as ppl remove bp. One hit with gazillion mid to flops won't put u at the top. If gidle again scores another sizable hit sure.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

Edited once, last by atropos ().

• Realistically, the strongest girl group still remains BP because the discussion is always made to exclude them. Aespa and IVE are likely the strongest new gen but IVE is only two comebacks in and neither song are runaway smashes to really crown them. That leaves Aespa and NL/Savage doesn’t have the same status as Cheer Up & TT where it was undeniable that Twice was the new top girl group. & Tomboy is GIDLE’s first real hit. It’s the strongest so far this year, but it’s really their first. BP will comeback in the summer & we will see who is really the top now.

• Ok. So now we narrow to this constrain. I disagree, look at Oh My Girls, they have 2 consecutive hit which both are bigger than IVE, but look at their last comeback, it does not do that well.

Gidle is more in OMG’s case than IVE. Both peaked later even if Gidle don’t necessarily have flops they had semi-hits. Tomboy was just random because no one expected them to bag a smash hit same case to OMG, peaked later, nonstop was a hit they also managed to get another hit with their b-side. While IVE straight up debuted with a strong debut and it seems like love dive will be bigger while Tomboy seems like the type of songs which the success can’t be replicated many times.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!