"kpop groups are selling their souls to the West"

• I never saw a LOGIC in these type of comments neither i never understood how others used/use such "LOGIC" to hate and blame kpop idols/groups.

Kpop was never a "x" formula that others should follow, kpop was never a straight line that everybody should walk just on that line so what is the surprise?? Why the surprise?

Kpop is becoming global, right? Kpop is seeing a bigger demand outside S.K. right? Kpop is experiencing a more "ww" status, right? So why shouldn't kpop idols, groups and companies try to evolve and INVOLVE more people? Why shouldn't they release English songs?

I know some fans hate kpop becoming mainstream, but this is just your delusional unnecessary will as you obviously ain't getting paid neither have a job related to this. No one, i repeat, no sane person would look at a "growth opportunity" and say - oh no, i won't take it, I'll just stay here stagnant waiting for my little audience :clown: - see? Illogical?

I think trying to condemn idols and companies for releasing English songs or whatever language songs is just you being an annoying person with way too much "free" time. Seriously, trying to discredit someone over them rightfully exploring their choices is sooooo weird.

You don't need to accept the changes, actually you need to accept nothing bc you aren't in the place of this. You are just an audience and if you aren't feeling connected anymore then goodbye, learn how to leave bc it's YOU who is out of place, not the groups doing their job. :thumbup:

That's it. That's the thread.

Disclaimer: idk if you guys will understand my points and sorry if it's a little too messy, but yes.

Byeeeeeee!

• who wants to sell me their soul?

5 akorns?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sorta timestamped

• No, thanks. :pepe-toilet:

• kpop isn't noble lmao it was meant to be a money making scheme from the start

People acting like the companies and even the idols do all that tiresome job for FREE :clown: kkkkkk

It’s better than selling your soul to the devil… that’s for sure!

The thing is: i don't think they are selling themselves to pamper the west, i think they saw an opportunity and are doing the obvious - exploring - and just trying to earn money while working. Nothing wrong neither a sin.

• Kpop is a hodgepodge of music genres originated in Europe and the US + aspects of the Japanese idol training system. Kpop was always trying to be "western". Kpop labels collaborate with western producers and songwriters, and even if they don't, many song demos are in English and all they did was add lyrics in Korean (and some minor changes to the song in most cases)

Like shut up, being a kpop purist is hypocrisy. Kpop was never strictly Korean or even Asian, it was always a mix of several different cultures colliding into one product.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Kpop is a hodgepodge of music genres originated in Europe and the US + aspects of the Japanese idol training system. Kpop was always trying to be "western". Kpop labels collaborate with western producers and songwriters, and even if they don't, many song demos are in English and all they did was add lyrics in Korean (and some minor changes to the song in most cases)

Like shut up, being a kpop purist is hypocrisy. Kpop was never strictly Korean or even Asian, it was always a mix of several different cultures colliding into one product.

Amen! Amen! And while i love kpop groups where you could see the "weird kpop side" i also love how kpop is just trying new sound. Let's just enjoy the music!

• The thing is: i don't think they are selling themselves to pamper the west, i think they saw an opportunity and are doing the obvious - exploring - and just trying to earn money while working. Nothing wrong neither a sin.

If course it’s because of opportunity, they would be stupid if not.

I find it more weird when fans who’s faves got western promotions act like it’s a territory only their faves are allowed to promote at.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!