Anyone interested in V-Pop?

• Cause this song is a bop

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(Bonus bop)

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I like the second song.

I prefer Viet OSTs (that are pop) over v-pop

Also, I get distracted when the Northern dialect is overdone/fake sounding

(fwiw my parents are both Southern, so I'm biased)

Most of the modern Vietnamese music is sung in Northern Vietnamese.

Here are some exceptions of artists singing in Southern Vietnamese :

The Vietnamese V-rap singer Suzie Nguyễn sings in Southern Vietnamese :

1 December 2017 :

DIZZNEYLAND | Suzie X NhatNguyen | OFFICIAL MV :

External Content www.youtube.com

The Vietnamese V-rap singer Suboi sings in Southern Vietnamese :

2 August 2018 :

Suboi - N-SAO? (Official Music Video) :

6 December 2018 :

Suboi - CÔNG (Official Music Video) (Explicit) :

12 December 2019 :

Suboi - BET ON ME (Official Music Video) :

The Vietnamese V-rap singer Lykio sings in Southern Vietnamese :

12 February 2019 :

[OFFICIAL MV] CÁI KẾT BOOM HÀNG | LYKIO CIRCLE TEAM | SHIPPER GIAO HÀNG BỊ BỎ BOM VÀ CÁI KẾT :

The Vietnamese V-rap singer Đen Vâu sings in Southern Vietnamese :

19 June 2019 :

Đen - hai triệu năm ft. Biên (m/v) :

The Afro-Vietnamese V-rap singer Mixed Miyagi :

27 Novembre 2020 :

Mixed Miyagi | Việt Nam Xin Chào | Official MV :

The V-rock band 7UPPERCUTS sings in Southern Vietnamese :

8 December 2018 :

7UPPERCUTS × CAM -【WAVE ALPHA】 OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO :

10 October 2020 :

7UPPERCUTS - YÊU (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO) :

29 Novembre 2020 :

ĐÁ SỐ TỚI「 LÀ TẤT CẢ 」OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO :

5 February 2021 :

ĐÁ SỐ TỚI「 BÂY BÌ ƠI 」OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO :

Do you know other artists singing in Southern Vietnamese ?

• I only know this dude:

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Thanks for the recommendations!

Yeah, I know most is sung in Northern, but sometimes it sounds fake, which is very distracting.

I don't know that many Viet songs, actually.

The Vietnamese V-rock boy band Jaigon Orchestra also just released recently a V-rock song in Southern Vietnamese :

1 March 2023

JAIGON ORCHESTRA feat. CHI XÊ - Công Bằng Cho Người Buồn (Official Music Video)

• The Vietnamese V-rock boy band Jaigon Orchestra also just released recently a V-rock song in Southern Vietnamese :

1 March 2023

JAIGON ORCHESTRA feat. CHI XÊ - Công Bằng Cho Người Buồn (Official Music Video)

Thanks!

Yeah, I know most is sung in Northern, but sometimes it sounds fake, which is very distracting.

The Vietnamese V-rock boy band Do It DAD also just released a few months ago a V-rock song in Southern Vietnamese :

10 December 2022

DO IT DAD - NHỚ EM || OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

• The Vietnamese V-rock boy band Do It DAD also just released a few months ago a V-rock song in Southern Vietnamese :

10 December 2022

DO IT DAD - NHỚ EM || OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO

Thank you!

• AHHHHH YOU HAVE DISCOVERED MY FAVORITE VIETNAMESE RAPPER 🥺💜

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

• External Content youtu.be

Bo Xi Bo is Vietnam rap beauty and perfection (the song). Hoang, She incorporates traditional wear and beautiful stages. If you don't know her story, for over a decade her albums didn't sell well cause in 2007 an ex sold an unauthorized tape of her that she didn't know about (similar to what poor Goo Here's abusive ex threatened to do) and then she ended up dating an abusive music executive 25 years older than her who mocked her, physically abused her and told her that she was ugly, until 2015. Her comeback last year is getting her a LOT of recognition and I'm so happy to see it.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

mERCf4S.png

I created some Youtube playlists with songs in Southern Vietnamese from oldest songs to newest songs that might interest you :

V-rock songs in Southern Vietnamese :

V-rap songs in Southern Vietnamese :

Modern songs in Southern Vietnamese :

• I only know those two, which I like a lot.

• External Content youtu.be

Bo Xi Bo is Vietnam rap beauty and perfection. She incorporates traditional wear and beautiful stages. If you don't know her story, for over a decade her albums didn't sell well cause in 2007 an ex sold an unauthorized tape of her that she didn't know about (similar to what poor Goo Here's abusive ex threatened to do) and then she ended up dating an abusive music executive 25 years older than her who mocked her, physically abused her and told her that she was ugly, until 2015. Her comeback last year is getting her a LOT of recognition and I'm so happy to see it.

"Bo Xì Bo" is the name of the song and not the name of the singer. The name of the singer is Hoàng Thuỳ Linh.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!