So are enhypen the top 4th gen bg now?

• Highest selling 4th gen bg album on haneto. Biggest peak on Spotify with more than a million gap from 2nd 4th gen group?

Approved the thread.
  • it was always going to be either txt or enhypen. They are pandering to the biggest kpop fandom of all time. They just have to make sure that part of that fandom likes their song and that is enough to make the biggest 4th gen group. Armys are also looking for new groups so these 2 just have to make sure they catch attention of armys before others.

• One popular song doesn't speak for the whole catalog. Y'all overestimate monthly listeners.

• Objectively, as of now yes. But, it could change.

- coming from someone who does not stan ajy 4th Gen boy groups

• Not yet. Skz can easily outpeak Enhypen during their next comeback. Then Enhypen will do the same to them. Then txt. That's what's been happening and why there's no clear bg leader.

• Internationally I’ll say yes. But their Korean chart so far is nothing to write home about. Polaroid was their first good chart run for them.

And the top group should do well overall for all markets.

• I don't think we can call them a top group when they don't even chart domestically. 4th generation won't have a top bg until one starts doing at least decently in Korean digital charts.

You can't just stan a Korean group singing in Korean, use the generational system implemented by Korean media, use the Korean physical album charts to establish your faves supremacy but then randomly decide to erase Korean digital charts from the equation just because it's inconvenient to count them. That's not how it works.

• I don't think we can call them a top group when they don't even chart domestically. 4th generation won't have a top bg until one starts doing at least decently in Korean digital charts.

You can't just stan a Korean group singing in Korean, use the generational system implemented by Korean media, use the Korean physical album charts to establish your faves supremacy but then randomly decide to erase Korean digital charts from the equation just because it's inconvenient to count them. That's not how it works.

But then aespa shouldn't be considered a top gg either because they do well in korea but not satisfactory internationally? Nowadays it's very hard to find the perfect balance between the two. Only bts and blackpink have managed to achieve it so far

Speak on it!! Kpop stans so delusional

• I believe that yes, enhypen is the top bg and I'll tell you why.

First off all, they are the only 4th gen bg to grow so fast. They already surpass records and achievements that took their competition years to do. They have a very rapid growth and if they sustain it for the next 1-2 years then we'll have no doubt they're the leaders.

Let's check the few main categories to determine a top group:

-Sales: Highest sales among 4th gen bgs on hanteo, about to have the highest sales in gaon too

-Spotify:First, fastest and only 4th gen bg to hit 8M monthly listeners. Fastest kpop group in history to reach 100,200,300,400,500,600 and 700 million streams. Highest charting bg on Spotify global (28 days and counting)

-Recognition: They've got it all. Their two viral songs Fever and Polaroid love really made them popular among the kpop community and even among non kpop stans who became fans afterwards.

-Already have two hits in one year of their career. Compared to other bgs who got only one hit in 2-3 years then that says enough

-Fandom size is huge. Selling power, voting power, that's really going to push them forward more

-Digital charting (international) They've been topping the japanese charts for over 100 hours and counting with their newest release. Polaroid love hasn't left itunes since release

-They're the only 4th gen group to have their albums enter 8/10 of the top music markets. And they have longevity and high peaks there too

-Youtube views: Now that's not their strongest field but they don't do ads and their likes are higher than those with 100M views so that should tell you something

-Korean charts:Horrific (as every other bg) but with Polaroid love they managed to chart higher and longer than all the other 4th gen bgs on spotify and apple korea, on vibe, bugs, one of the highest and longest charting song on melon too

So we have a clear winner too

• Yes. Their growth after every comeback is insane and with the frequent comebacks and good music, performances, I don't think any current 4th gen BG can catch up to them anymore unless another dark horse rookie from big 4 appears.

• LOL to that one post saying they have a hit song. No 4th gen bg has had a hit song yet.

• Not yet. Skz can easily outpeak Enhypen during their next comeback. Then Enhypen will do the same to them. Then txt. That's what's been happening and why there's no clear bg leader.

Easily? Yall are so arrogant. First one of you comes to the thread about their new peak and says SKZ will definitely reach it without congratulating En-, now this. You don't know the future. It's not so easy if no one was able to do it before Enhypen. Christmas Evil was very viral but it didn't reach such heights.

• if 2 bsides becoming popular by mistake make en the leader of 4th gen the you're so delusional lmao

People don't care about this group... stop dreaming !

• Not just one.Fever is also popular.

Even drunk-dazed is over 100 million streams already . All their songs are doing well actually. If it’s just one of two songs, they wont be the fastest to reach 700 million streams . They are also on track to be the fastest kpop group to reach 1billion streams. So it’s not just the monthly listeners that are impressive that the overall streams. Spotify is the most relevant metrics to measure global popularity .

• if 2 bsides becoming popular by mistake make en the leader of 4th gen the you're so delusional lmao

have u looked at their other streams? D-D is also 100 million streams and rest are not doing bad. Even Hey Tayo has more streams than the TT of other BG 😂. They wont be the fastest group to reach 700m streams if it’s just about 2 viral songs.

• Easily? Yall are so arrogant. First one of you comes to the thread about their new peak and says SKZ will definitely reach it without congratulating En-, now this. You don't know the future. It's not so easy if no one was able to do it before Enhypen. Christmas Evil was very viral but it didn't reach such heights.

I wasn't referring to spotify alone. I was talking album sales and streams, everything overall. I don't know why you saw it as me downplaying enhypen. If you notice I didn't say skz WILL surpass enha but that they CAN surpass them. It's entirely possible that skz or txt can do it since the bgs are so close to each other and expanding every comeback. So far no one bg has been able to leave the others behind by a wide margin.

I'm not even a skz fan so I don't know why you're coming to me with "y'all" and talking about songs I know nothing about.

• They are in my heart and that's all that really matters :yesr:

• 2021 album sales of stray kids 2.109 million, txt 2.187 million, enhypen 2.283 million. All groups are close to each other on sales. 2021 youtube views of stray kids 256 million, txt 141 million, enhypen 167 million. Stray kids far ahead. On spotify hybe groups will naturally be ahead because of bts association. Korean charting wise txt then stray kids then enhypen. So there is clearly no leader as of now.

I can bet those two bsides outcharted outstreamed outlasted your faves' title tracks

• you better not jinx ir or else i'll curse y'all !!!!!!!! I'm an engene and clearly skz is still way above them internationally when it comes to fandom while domestically txt and tbz are above them :-( we still have more long way to go

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Boarder :Carnival has 290Million Streams-4 songs with two songs over 100million streams. Released less than a yr

Boarder:Day one has over 200 million streams with 4 songs. All songs are well-received. Released over a yr.

Dimension:Dilemma- 131million released last Oct 2021. 6 songs , all songs are doing good

Dimension:Answer-189million streams released last Jan 2022 with one viral song (over 30million streams-PL) in 8 tracks. All songs are doing good.

Fastest kpop group to hit 700 million streams, on track to be the fastest K pop group to hit 1billion. Some kpop groups cant even hit 100 million streams across their credits so yeah, Enhypen is very relevant among 4th gen globally. U cannot pay ads nor mass DL in Spotify so streams are way more reliable .

• What does it even mean 'by mistake'? You're crazy :cryingr:

that’s true, how can it be a mistake when it’s charting until now? Fever is still very popular. PL is the longest charting 4th gen BG in global spotify and still charting in melon while they are in blank period. FBs are not even doing anything at all right now. It’s stays there on its own. And then we have D-D with over a million streams. Rest of their songs have above average streams , nothing flops actually at least globally. On their way to become the fastest Kpop group ( not just 4th gen!) to reach 1 billion streams. Those are 1billion mistakes?😌

• 2021 album sales of stray kids 2.109 million, txt 2.187 million, enhypen 2.283 million. All groups are close to each other on sales. 2021 youtube views of stray kids 256 million, txt 141 million, enhypen 167 million. Stray kids far ahead. On spotify hybe groups will naturally be ahead because of bts association. Korean charting wise txt then stray kids then enhypen. So there is clearly no leader as of now.

and YT, obviously SKZ will be far ahead since they use ads. Hybe doesnt. I agree those three are close match

• Nah, y'all just don't consider a song hit if it doesn't do as well as a blackpink or bts release which is a very unrealistic standard

I don't consider those songs as hits because they aren't ones - 100m streams on spotify? Lol that's definitely not enough tomake a song a hit. Going by that definition bts would have countless hits by now, but that isn't true

Enhypen don't use ads lol and do u think armys will stream enhypen's songs if they don't like them??Bts association is just like big3 association lol.Stop acting like hybe privilege is bigger.

• This thread contains 98 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!