Why it is so hard for boy groups to get decent digital charting?

• Even though that both bg's and gg's are differentiate by Fandom and public support but still what's the reason that most of the bg's doesn't get atleast decent charting. Most bg's now sell million of albums so they definitely have big Fandoms to get that decent charting. Even compared to previous gen bg's where most of bg's have chart well compared to this gen also I don't think the reason for public moved away idol music where most of gg's and solos do well on charts. Shine come after long hituas but still chart better than most of the groups exist now

• The secret to good charting is to appeal to opposite gender too

Girlgroups are popular among both men and women but majority of bgs only appeal to women hence have lower ULS

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I don’t think there’s anything wrong in appealing to women. It’s a problem with general mentality worldwide and not just Korea. Things that appeal to men are generally consumed by both men and women while there is stigma against consuming content catered towards women.

So the question should not be posed to kpop but to patriarchy :pepepizza:

• I don’t think there’s anything wrong in appealing to women. It’s a problem with general mentality worldwide and not just Korea. Things that appeal to men are generally consumed by both men and women while there is stigma against consuming content catered towards women.

If the song is good men or women doesn't matter a good music doesn't necessarily to know the artist for whether the song is good or bad audience's need to check it or atleast know by others. By the way looking at that public not checking bg's songs when they release too

• Honestly their music isn’t good imo and isn’t suitable to casual fans in Korea or internationally even though ppl see bg as more popular int it’s actually the ggs whose songs stay longer on Spotify global 200.

And big hit makers don’t work with bgs, it doesn’t even seem like company’s give two flying fucks.. and usually when a song goes viral in Korea it’s because of a catchy hook and- or point dance which bg have none

Also men are dumb and insecure af they can’t be caught listening to a bg… only specific bg can appeal to them. It’s very hard to and imo there doesn’t even seem to be a ‘formula’ to get that

I've legitimately heard dudes say they won't listen to a man sing unless it's heavy metal or hardcore rap because "it's gay" to hear a man sing about love. I can only imagine how it is in Korea with their conservative bullshit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!