should i go on this date?

• FeLiNa i might be late, but if this guy just ignores and drops you the moment he gets stressed, then that's a serious flag. god i wouldn't go out or even like someone like that again for the life of me. i hate being left in the dark so much. like the entire time im like was it me?did i do something wrong? only to find out he didn't know to act so just ignored me. yeah no, don't do it. you're going to be so much happier not with this guy than having those occasional happy moments ;(

• I still think it's worth the chance. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

But be ready to drop him like a sack of potatoes the second he does anything shifty.

Second chances are worth the try. Third chances don't exist.

its harder to drop someone toxic when you already grow attached to them. like i couldn't let go of a guy for two years because i kept telling myself he loved me and he cared and that people make mistakes. after that i learned not to ever compromise with behavior like that. especially when you've talked about it already. if he's done it once already, he's more likely to do it again.

• its harder to drop someone toxic when you already grow attached to them. like i couldn't let go of a guy for two years because i kept telling myself he loved me and he cared and that people make mistakes. after that i learned not to ever compromise with behavior like that. especially when you've talked about it already. if he's done it once already, he's more likely to do it again.

I do agree that it can be hard, but I still have hope in second chances. But your viewpoint is very valid.

That's why I never give a third chance in things like that. This isn't baseball, so two strikes is all you get!

It's also very important, like you mentioned, not to be blinded by that hope, and end up talking yourself into a bad situation.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

Edited 2 times, last by horizonshard ().

• I do agree that it can be hard, but I still have hope in second chances. But you're viewpoint is very valid.

That's why I never give a third chance in things like that. This isn't baseball, so two strikes is all you get!

It's also very important, like you mentioned, not to be blinded by that hope, and talk yourself into a bad situation.

mhm exactly. i'd say im a pretty forgiving (or was a pretty forgiving) person, but i realized that people only ever step over me if i let it go, so i just don't. and if i do give a chance i make sure they know that they're already on thin ice because im so done with getting my heart broken by friends or crushes because they're literally so inconsiderate.

• mhm exactly. i'd say im a pretty forgiving (or was a pretty forgiving) person, but i realized that people only ever step over me if i let it go, so i just don't. and if i do give a chance i make sure they know that they're already on thin ice because im so done with getting my heart broken by friends or crushes because they're literally so inconsiderate.

Oh definitely have to set that expectation. It should be crystal clear that this is the last chance they get.

Humans make mistakes, everyone does. It's how we learn from those mistakes and move forward that defines the type of people we are. Cutting someone off after the first mistake never gives them that chance to grow and improve. But I absolutely agree that caution is prudent too.

• its harder to drop someone toxic when you already grow attached to them. like i couldn't let go of a guy for two years because i kept telling myself he loved me and he cared and that people make mistakes. after that i learned not to ever compromise with behavior like that. especially when you've talked about it already. if he's done it once already, he's more likely to do it again.

literally crying to I Knew You Were Trouble rn

• literally, felt. catHug at 2x

is everything okay?

this is all because he said he might call tonight.... i got all fucking changed and prettied up for him and now he's not calling.

i feel like fucking cassie howard from euphoria in this scene:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

aka a fucking idiot

i'll look stupid if he does end up calling me but this post will still stand if he doesn't.

Edited once, last by FeLiNa ().

• It sounds like he may have blown his second chance then.

Can I recommend this lovely place to put him?

Dumpster Fire GIF - Dumpster Fire Flame - Discover & Share GIFs

• you already gave him one chance he blew it.. now he's not talking to you despite being online, you're not even physically attracted to him anymore, and he gives vague answers. you should not have to feel pathetic over this violet :((. you're a really amazing girl and a guy who makes you wait like this is not worth your time. trust me <3

• I still hold that the second chance was worth it. If someone repeats the same "mistake" then you know it wasn't a mistake.

Better to know for sure than to always be wondering "what if" in the future.

i stopped giving second chances, so i guess that's where we're different. when it comes to disappointing me and making me feel pathetic- once is enough to make me let go.

• you already gave him one chance he blew it.. now he's not talking to you despite being online, you're not even physically attracted to him anymore, and he gives vague answers. you should not have to feel pathetic over this violet :((. you're a really amazing girl and a guy who makes you wait like this is not worth your time. trust me <3

That's fair and valid. Sometimes the world in general only gets so many second chances.

told you he'd do it again Eat1 at 2x

he called me. for two hours.

FUCK.

Edited once, last by FeLiNa ().

• FeLiNa I'm sorry, I'm very late!
    I still think the same, don't fall for nice words and compliments, you're worth more, and deserve more than to be ignored. If he's not 100% devoted to you guys being together, don't waste your time and energy for that guy :borahae:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!