'Snowdrop's production company sees rapid surge in stock price following drama's increased viewership and positive reviews.

• snowdrop1.jpg

Article: 'Seolganghwa's reversal... a company whose 100 billion won market cap evaporated surged again by 150 billion won

Source: Chosun Ilbo

'Snowdrop' production company is experiencing a surge in stock price.

According to reports, the stock price for J Content Tree, who's parent company Climax Studios, produced Netflix drama 'Hellbound' and JTBC Studios that produced 'Seolganghwa' has seen a 15% increase in its stock price after losing over 100 billion won market cap (10% loss) previously.

The production company has been declining since 16th of last month, two days before 'Snowdrop's first episode. Then on December 20th, the first trading day after the drama's airing, it fell 4% and at one point on the 21st, it fell more than 11% in five days losing over 100 billion won market cap. However, after that, the stock price rebounded and the market cap surpassed 1.1 trillion won as of the 4th after Snowdrop began airing special episodes.

Analysts believe the surge in J Content Tree's stock price reflects the fact that despite controversy, Snowdrop's viewership ratings are rising and the drama is receiving positive reviews on Disney Plus. According to Nielsen Korea, Snowdrop's 4th episode recorded the lowest rating at 1.7% however by the 7th episode that aired on the 2nd, ratings entered 3% range. In addition, Flix Patrol, announced the drama ranked #1 in 4 out of 5 countries including Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan and Korea.

Meanwhile, 'Snowdrop' is currently embroiled in controversy over "history distortion." A petition posted on the Blue House website has already surpassed 350,000 signatures.

comment1.jpg

1. [+935, -110] I haven't seen not one second of claims denigrating the student movement in this drama. The claims being made disparaging this drama are all lies.
    2. [+514, -30] I'm glad they're rebounding. It wouldn't have happened without the drama. People are just needlessly and maliciously attacking this drama with fake accusations, it's basically murder.
    3. [+359, -35] I never once saw any issues with this drama from the beginning. It's fun.
    4. [+322, -22] I'm enjoying the drama.
    5. [+130, -3] We need to dig out those trash ba$tards that keep attacking this drama to avoid this happening again. Media need to start writing articles based on facts not clickbait.
    6. [+98, -7] The drama's setting doesn't denigrate the democratization movement at all, in fact it makes sense as a backdrop for a spy to infiltrate under guise of being an activist. They're not claiming Ministry officials were saints either and didn't slaughter innocent civilians, it's just a drama. It's fiction. Leftists are really working hard trying to turn our country into a dictatorship.
    7. [+94, -3] Any normal person watching this drama will see there's no history distortion at all. It's just haters and antis making up fake claims in online communities. I hope reporters will write clarification articles and seriously self-reflect..
    8. [+83, -6] This drama is very well-made. It's fun and realistic but on the other hand has tension like you're watching a movie. I honestly think there are just misunderstandings over this drama, I haven't seen any history distortions of the Ministry of Security at all.
    9. [+77, -5] As time goes by, it's becoming clear all the controversy over this drama is just an absurd witch hunt by netizens ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    10. [+46, -2] Aigoo, the production crew and actors must've really suffered ㅠㅠ. It's clear there's zero distortion in the drama ㅠ.

• This is not even a YG production but go off ig, why didn't they delete comments since the beginning then? You are mad and we love to see it :pepe-toast:

All these companies that often work with each other have close ties, usually investments

YG has worked with JTBC for a lot of things. This kind of business ‘loyalty’ is paid in money and stocks. That’s the true meaning of friendship in the business world

• This is not even a YG production but go off ig, why didn't they delete comments since the beginning then? You are mad and we love to see it :pepe-toast:

You bothered to reply to that user? They just talk out of their ass all day. There are a lot of articles about SD on Naver with plenty of negative comments. But i guess that doesn't suit their narrative so they won't mention that.

And i also see they are one if those people who continue to spread the lie that YG produced SD.

• You bothered to reply to that user? They just talk out of their ass all day. There are a lot of articles about SD on Naver with plenty of negative comments. But i guess that doesn't suit their narrative so they won't mention that.

And i also see they are one if those people who continue to spread the lie that YG produced SD.

They had to wait until the government released a response that they won’t deal with these types of issues. Now there’s no problem with them censoring. It’s THEIR platform after all, they can do whatever they want

• All these companies that often work with each other have close ties, usually investments

YG has worked with JTBC for a lot of things. This kind of business ‘loyalty’ is paid in money and stocks. That’s the true meaning of friendship in the business world

It still doesn't mean shit, YG never moves a finger to protect BP. As usual everything you say is based on nothing aka your "gut feeling". Dont you ever get bored of being wrong time and time again.

You have been pressed about jisoo since forever so stop hiding behind these bs conspiracies. Irene, miyeon stan, what can I say :pepe-peek:

• It still doesn't mean shit, YG never moves a finger to protect BP. As usual everything you say is based on nothing aka your "gut feeling". Dont you ever get bored of being wrong time and time again.

You have been pressed about jisoo since forever so stop hiding behind these bs conspiracies. Irene, miyeon stan, what can I say :pepe-peek:

They aren’t in business to protect BP, they are there to make money. Sometimes that means pushing back against public opinion (because they have enough fans to consume a product), other times it means getting rid of a liability.

• They aren’t in business to protect BP, they are there to make money. Sometimes that means pushing back against public opinion (because they have enough fans to consume a product), other times it means getting rid of a liability.

Ok. Mr. All knowing.... Everyone in SK hates SD. Literally everyone in Asia hates SD.

Everyday you try to prove and make yourself believe you are some sort of intellectual and everyday all you prove to others is that you are undisputedly the dumbest person on this platform.

There is nothing sadder than someone who pretends everyday to have an ounce of intelligence.

• It still doesn't mean shit, YG never moves a finger to protect BP. As usual everything you say is based on nothing aka your "gut feeling". Dont you ever get bored of being wrong time and time again.

not sure why you bother replying to them it's better to ignore them

and that user that is always updating us is nowhere to be seen lol

• not sure why you bother replying to them it's better to ignore them

and that user oppa or whatever his name is nowhere to be seen lol

That loser is 24/7 camping for a translated article focused on negative reactions as per usual lol. But you are right they are not even worth replying to, this is the same person who made a big deal out of jennie and the weeknd having a hug. They legit live in a parallel universe

• Ok. Mr. All knowing.... Everyone in SK hates SD. Literally everyone in Asia hates SD.

Everyday you try to prove and make yourself believe you are some sort of intellectual and everyday all you prove to others is that you are undisputedly the dumbest person on this platform.

There is nothing sadder than someone who pretends everyday to have an ounce of intelligence.

We all know Korean online communities were inundated with criticism and hate against Snowdrop. But all of a sudden they decided to stop on a recent positive article that Naver has control of?

Y’all are just naive. Keep being naive, because something really good is coming next

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!