☾♛☽ Kim Junmyeon, musical actor

• Junmyeon debuted as a musical actor with the musical The Last Kiss in 2017. The musical was directed by Robert Johanson. He played the role of the Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria-Hungary. Despite being a rookie in the musical industry, Junmyeon received many praises and good reviews from the GP and from the professionals in the industry for his performance. Robert Johanson said : "He gave me a great surprise with his performance in The Last Kiss. I had known that he was a good singer, but even his acting was amazing". Too add, he managed to sell out all the tickets for his 3 programmed shows at the LG Art Center in Gangnam in ONE day. :yesr:

Even though his schedule was really busy, he learned ice skating and tried to attend as many practice sessions as possible. There were 10 run-through practices but he couldnt make it for 8 of them (because of his schedule), but he still got praised for doing well ! Lisa Chung , an actress in The Last Kiss commented on Junmyeon's hard work in her ig live : "I think Suho is really amazing. At first, I was worried because he didn't have time to practice as much as the others since he was very busy. But he probably spent a lot of time practicing by himself, because in the end he went on stage performing well, and he got better and better during the run of the musical".

It's a shame whe don't have that much content from his musical, expect some pictures and a few videos :pepe-sad:

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

DS__KtrWsAAwYx0.jpeg

DSufhJcXUAEt2Y7.jpeg

FG1L0g4XEAMTujr.jpeg

FG1L1P4XEAYK9fn.jpeg

tumblr_pjx11dvDIl1riav2to1_1280.jpg

cbea9413ade4589d29f45d6fcfdd706567bc7c81.gifv

380add86bb9afbe7659579addadb2ac215b4cb70.gifv

Now, this info may seem useless to you, but I found it very interesting :pepepizza:

E1qgY6eWUAkqmXE.jpeg

I tried my best to find a video where we can see a kiss, AND I found one. Except the actor was Leo from VIXX, not Junmyeon :pepecry: The actress was the same though. So now just imagine Junmyeon doing this :pepepizza:

• One year later, in 2018, Junmyeon managed to get the lead role for the musical The Man Who Laughs. He was cast for the role of Gwynplaine, a pure man with a monstrous face. The musical had a blockbuster scale budget of nearly 17.5 billions won. He auditioned (without SM meddling) and was picked (along with Kyuhyun and Park Hyoshin) among the other 2000 singers/actors that auditioned.

Junmyeon explained why he auditioned for this musical in particular : "I was interested in The Man Who Laughs even before I started to practice for The Last Kiss. I wanted to see the script so badly. I like the Joker character very much, and the Joker is a character derived from The Man Who Laughs. I wanted an opportunity to audition for that character, and I was lucky enough to be cast for the role. I am very interested in the Joker. I've seen the film Dark Knight multiple times. I've studied the character deeply, and if I had the chance, I wanted to play the character. I've had that much determination for The Man Who Laughs and the character Gwynplaine".

He played in the musical in 2018, and then in 2020. He had to learn swordfight for this musical. Again, he sold out all the tickets for his shows in less than 20 minutes. He sold out venues like this nightly :

Er36JxMW8AM5o0N.jpeg

Er36JxOXAAA3Zux.jpeg

He received once again many praises and positive reviews : "Suho is honest. He's an actor who knows how to captivate an audience. When he kiss an actress, he seems to be really in love. He can create chemistry without exaggerating", said Robert Johanson.

DiXREujUYAEVw01.jpeg

DiN4_g0VQAE2zHo.jpeg

DiXRGGmUEAAigB1.jpeg

tumblr_pteqdn9G2O1qhmxnlo1_1280.jpg

Eco5yzCXYAEP18k.jpeg

Screenshot_20200806_200343_com.instagram.android.jpg

• TMWL was an important step in his musical career. He truly started getting recognized as a musical actor and making a name for himself in the industry after this musical.

Junmyeon won the popularity award at the 2018 7e YeGreen Musical Awards. He received the award for Best Male Actor (Male Rookie Award) at the 2018 Stagetalk Audience Choice. He also won the award of Best New Male Actor at the 2018 Asia Culture Awards. TMWL finally won a Daesang at the 3rd Korean Musical Awards in 2019 ! :pepe-excited:

EeSsEyuXsAAPmmN.jpg

DyOL9PDU8AAQuGA.jpg

suho-best-new-actor.jpg

Junmyeon was also mentioned next to literally THE God of musicals in South Korea, Junsu :pepe-shades:

• Now let's talk about the most important thing, the VOCALS! :pepe-excited: Listen, I think Junmyeon can literally lunch to Broadway right after his discharge. I feel like he has gotten much more confident in himself and in his vocal abilities since his musicals, especially after TMWL. You can notice he improved so much since 2017. His vocalizations (apparently he changed it when he received vocal training for his musicals, I know nothing about it so don't come for me :peperun: ) got much better and he is one of the most stable during live performances !

I think he also gained a lot of confidence for EXO's performances thanks to his experience in musicals. Like look at this :pepe-life-support:

E0sAZRaVcAAxUsG?format=jpg&name=large

f65c320118ab0b0f9c3797e9ab0371f04990ea00.jpg

5eceff49e32cfa04b7a2f341f428aea6178e14c8.gifv

d5107b1c5e209ba4857960a9529cfd585a888d94.gifv

• Junmyeon always worked so hard, and never missed any EXO activities despite his crazy schedules. It's so heartwarming to see him be so passionate :pepecute: You can tell he loves musicals so much and it means a lot to him <3 I can't wait so see him soar even higher in his musical career :lover3:

• Thank you! :lover3:

Same! :pepe-excited: The Man Who Laughs is supposed to have more shows in 2022, I wonder if he'll go for it or choose another musical :pepe-notes:

I wouldn't mind seeing myeonplaine again :pepe-hehe:

myeonplaine making a comeback is always welcome although ngl i'd love him to take on some new fresh role too :eyes:

imagine him doing a modern musical like chanyeol and busting some old exo moves :pepe-hehe:

Let Me Shine Bright 

4cfec65d8f2ca1e10d2992f8538ac5a70f371b16.gifv 41044baf21b673edaead3ab264714cfafe489aeb.gifv 330ae6c6236e9f54e2a629bf61728a4f2a08a326.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!