Do you think there are kpop idols who are jealous and resent BTS popularity?

• who do you think it is? is there proof? we in anons spill the tea, is it more likely to be 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen? big 3 or non big 3? :pepe-devil:

Approved the thread.
  • maybe some big bang members got annoyed for the no signal controversy long ago. But I don't think they'll hold grudges.

But I dont know.

• That Tao guy looked a bit bothered when some people thought he was a bts member. He replied saying something like "im from exo. We were more famous than those dudes" in an irritated tone.

I'm sure such moments piss off a lot of east asian male celebrities. Definitely people like jay park who feel like bts and kpop are ruining their chances of being taken seriously in the rap scene.

• It doesn't make that much sense for other big groups to resent them. It's more likely nugu groups that never "make it" to be jealous of the ones who end up being successful in general, not just bts

• exo? they became sad in a show wherein a fan metnioned they like bts more. then, exo ls started attacking those girls

• Jay Park is the only guy that comes to mind, it feels like he has a chip on his shoulder about BTS to me.

• Jay Park is the only guy that comes to mind, it feels like he has a chip on his shoulder about BTS to me.

Jay Park doesn’t care about K-pop. He doesn’t know much about the current state of K-pop. He only knows what it was during his time as an idol.

All he said is that there is a complex he has to deal with whenever someone compares him to K-pop idols because that’s not who he is. He didn’t like his time in the K-pop industry. He’s trying to give up-and-coming artists and former K-pop idols an opportunity to shine as true musicians through his own record labels. K-pop isn’t the only way, and that’s what he’s all about. He doesn’t despise the genre. He just knows it isn’t for everyone.

Armys got upset with him for thinking BTS is like the rest of K-pop, but is he really to blame for that? It was and still is common for anyone to think of BTS as just another K-pop group if they’re not familiar with K-pop.

• It's just as dumb to assume none of their peers are jealous of them as it is to assume all of their peers are jealous of them. Especially now that every kpop company is throwing their groups at the U.S.

You think there are no top idols who'd like to perform at the Grammys and meet top western celebs? or get a special deferment for their military service?

• Jay Park doesn’t care about K-pop. He doesn’t know much about the current state of K-pop. He only knows what it was during his time as an idol.

All he said is that there is a complex he has to deal with whenever someone compares him to K-pop idols because that’s not who he is. He didn’t like his time in the K-pop industry. He’s trying to give up-and-coming artists and former K-pop idols an opportunity to shine as true musicians through his own record labels. K-pop isn’t the only way, and that’s what he’s all about. He doesn’t despise the genre. He just knows it isn’t for everyone.

Armys got upset with him for thinking BTS is like the rest of K-pop, but is he really to blame for that? It was and still is common for anyone to think of BTS as just another K-pop group if they’re not familiar with K-pop.

True, and BTS is a Kpop group..? I don't get why people trying to evade that fact? Be humbled in your upbringing. And they ARE just another Kpop group, a group that got super famous. Fans thinking BTS isn't like other Kpop group is the same as Jay Park not liking it when people associated him to Kpop only. Oh the script writes itself.

• Jay Park. he takes the opportunity to bring them WHENEVER possible. and dissed them a few times

• Jay Park. he takes the opportunity to bring them WHENEVER possible. and dissed them a few times

Jay Park doesn't know about current K-pop, so it's not his fault he thinks BTS is just like the rest of the K-pop industry. He just doesn't think the K-pop industry is for him. That's all there is to it.

He praised another group once or twice. That's not dissing BTS.

He did in fact acknowledge BTS's prominence before, but then people also found fault with this by saying he's putting himself on the same level... That's not the case at all. It wasn't meant to be a competition, but stans made it so. It's just an instance of people finding something wrong with nothing.

• Jay Park doesn't know about current K-pop, so it's not his fault he thinks BTS is just like the rest of the K-pop industry. He just doesn't think the K-pop industry is for him. That's all there is to it.

He praised another group once or twice. That's not dissing BTS.

He did in fact acknowledge BTS's prominence before, but then people also found fault with this by saying he's putting himself on the same level... That's not the case at all. It wasn't meant to be a competition, but stans made it so. It's just an instance of people finding something wrong with nothing.

nah this is not true, he loves to shade them from time to time, heck just a few weeks or months ago he said something like ''korea is all about blackpink, parasite and jay park'' imagine putting his irrelevant self there instead of the biggest kpop group of all time so far.

• Yes, there are. Jealously is a human nature, there's nothing wrong If they don't hurt anyone. It doesn't mean all of them are, tho. Some people just have different ambitions or are satisfied with what they achieved.

• this dude here. I don't know his name but qrts say he's from MX.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Jealousy is a very human behavior, I am sure this exist even among members of the same group. This is such a naive question.

• this dude here. I don't know his name but qrts say he's from MX.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The first one he is just being honest. I think would be worse if he said "yass, I'm besties with them", like a clout chsser. The second one he has the right to be pissed off about being asked about another group, I would be too

• Idols might not be jealous, but fans sure are jealous.

• Nah it will be weird if there weren’t any idols jealous of them. We are all human. There’s nothing wrong with being jealous of someone else. Just don’t let it blind you and let it motivate you to work harder

With all the respect and fame BTS has gathered, I’ll be more shocked if no one was jealous of them

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!