[theqoo] K-pop company debuting daughter of Thai dictatorship supporter, knetz react with disgust and bewilderment

• source: Daughter of Thai dictatorship supporter to debut in South Korea

DISCLAIMER: OP mistakenly wrote that Sitala is the daughter of the dictator in the post title, instead of the daughter of a dictatorship supporter, so a lot of commenters are correcting their title, but also saying that this is still a bad thing.

한국에서 데뷔하는 태국 독재 지지자 딸 - 스퀘어 카테고리
    GLG에서 데뷔하는 하이키 멤버 중 시탈라 https://img.theqoo.net/tXNlG https://twitter.com/pumpkinpinkku/status/1465523026347257862?t=Dhrn51BX7VAtMmEo-ID9Pw&s=19…
    theqoo.net

Her name is Sitala and she's a member of GLG company's future group, H1-KEY

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The replies to the company's tweet are saying that her father was involved in a dictatorship coup in Thailand

Many comments about it from outraged Thai people were being deleted

In her introduction tweet, she said her idol was her father

Thailand's current situation is bad. You can read more about it.

Her father made a propaganda movie, and actively participated in the activities that lead to the current situation, such as the above mentioned closing of the airport.

That's the father she's calling her idol

Comments:

1. No... what is this....
    2. crazy;;;
    3. OMG...,.
    4. Is this real?
    5. OMG
    6. OMG...
    7. I don't think this will help with the Thai market?
    8. OMG?
    9. Who's deleting the replies?
    10. At least she shouldn't be naming her father as somebody she admires...
    11. There are celebrities of a similar status active in South Korea already...
    12. Her father made a movie defending the dictator and people were forced to watch it
    13. She grew up in a flower garden...
    14. Is the company/group a supporter or someone with political ties to the dictator?
    15. Crazy
    16. He wasn't just a supporter, he was an active participant
    17. How could the agency not have known?
    18. Wow
    19. ...
    20. They need to research the trainees well before they debut them
    21. Korea already has all the presidents, children of celebrities, dictators, and descendants of pro-Japanese groups.
    22. What's GLG? It's my first time hearing of them
    23. I wish the dictator supporters would get out of the democracies
    24. She's the daughter of a person who took part in the dictatorship, and in the meantime, her role model is her father, is there really no problem with that? Just because such people already exist in the entertainment industry doesn't mean that things can't go wrong. The dictatorship of Thailand has been a big problem.
    25. In Korea, relatives of dictators and descendants of pro-Japanese people are also celebrities, so why not from Thailand...
    26. I like the group's visuals, but...
    27. What about the other members of the group?
    28. I think it would be better to remove her. In most cases, foreign members are carefully selected to target their market in order to benefit from fans from that country (there are exceptions, of course), but what are the advantages of being hated in Thailand?
    29. In Korea too, the dictator's nephew made his debut and is still making good money and is very popular
    30. That person's parents said they were just minions of the military dictatorship, is it normal for them to boycott them or do something like this? Thai fans, I know it's hard, but as citizens of a country that was subjected to a military dictatorship, don't become insensitive to ethics and morals.
    31. The public opinion is not good in Thailand
    32. But from the perspective of that agency, there is no reason to remove her now.
    33. Did she think she wouldn't be found out in Korea?
    34. Hmm, but from the company's point of view, isn't it good for business to remove her from the group? The Thai/Southeast Asian market isn't small.
    35. Seriously, why debut her? If the people of their own countries are going to turn their backs on them, what are they doing with foreign members?
    36. I don't think debuting her will help with the Thai market?
    37. #DICTATOR_OUT
    38. They're gonna glop anyway
    39. I think debuting her will only have the opposite of the wanted effect
    40. Foreign fans really have to experience it themselves to understand the feeling

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• If she distanced herself from her father, I'd feel bad for her but to say he is her idol :pepestare: nah girl it's not s good idea to become a public person and an idol on top of that

• If she distanced herself from her father, I'd feel bad for her but to say he is her idol :pepestare: nah girl it's not s good idea to become a public person and an idol on top of that

She should've just stayed quiet, but she included it in her official profile which makes me think she's that privileged, detached, unaware and uncaring

mKl7Ghm.png

• if anyone is interested here's the explanation from a user who is thai

• 29. In Korea too, the dictator's nephew made his debut and is still making good money and is very popular

who? lol

I keep seeing comments saying idols with backgrounds like this have debuted.

anyways most foreign idols usually have rich/influential families otherwise they wouldn't have the money to go to Korea. train and debut. its just in bad taste to debut someone with a controversial background IMO, it think it'll get them more anits than fans.

• who? lol

I keep seeing comments saying idols with backgrounds like this have debuted.

anyways most foreign idols usually have rich/influential families otherwise they wouldn't have the money to go to Korea. train and debut. its just in bad taste to debut someone with a controversial background IMO, it think it'll get them more anits than fans.

Eun Ji Won? He's Park Geunhye's nephew.

Iirc, he went to the huge protest against her so like... he was publicly against her once she went kookoo. So at least he has that over this girl!

mKl7Ghm.png

• Eun Ji Won? He's Park Geunhye's nephew.

Iirc, he went to the huge protest against her so like... he was publicly against her once she went kookoo. So at least he has that over this girl!

damn that's some crazy family history lol

but ur not defined by relatives, so i wont hold it against someone unless they show that they support things like dictatorships. so props to eun ji won.

Edited once, last by ultraaviolet ().

• damn that's some crazy family history lol

but ur not defined by relatives, so i wont hold it against someone unless they show that they support things like dictatorships

Yeah, for him he really did distance himself after she started doing very questionable things and I think protesting against her was proof enough that he's not a supporter.

Meanwhile Sitala protested in favor of a dictatorship and idolizes her father who her countrymen consider to be a criminal and enemy of the democracy so... like they said, she got to live in a democratic country, reaped all the benefits, while other people's children were taken from them, murdered, live in fear. And she's proud of that father? Mess.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Yeah, for him he really did distance himself after she started doing very questionable things and I think protesting against her was proof enough that he's not a supporter.

Meanwhile Sitala protested in favor of a dictatorship and idolizes her father who her countrymen consider to be a criminal and enemy of the democracy so... like they said, she got to live in a democratic country, reaped all the benefits, while other people's children were taken from them, murdered, live in fear. And she's proud of that father? Mess.

yeah. i don't know much about the Thai monarchy but i do know it would suck to know ur hard eaned money goes to a bunch of rich ass ppl who don't do anything helpful while the regular ppl suffer. at least with taxes u know some go to good programs , but going to a monarchy is just kinda....

• Why would they debut her? It's clear that her father supported financially the company, otherwise no one would be crazy enough to debut someone knowing there is no future from the beginning for the group. Just imagine if a TV broadcast would invite her or she would be cast in a drama. A total mess. They will disband in less than year, unless his father's supporters will buy some albums lol.

• damn that's some crazy family history lol

but ur not defined by relatives, so i wont hold it against someone unless they show that they support things like dictatorships

Are you okey!! she idolise him as her role-model!! She is just as trash as her father. It's like saying Hitler is my role-model it's basically the same thing. Dictatorship is evil, they strip people from their rights. You can't shield this.

Edited once, last by haj1ma ().

• Are you okey!! she idolise him as her role-model!! She is just as trash as her father. It's like saying Hitler is my role-model it's basically the same thing. Dictatorship is evil, they strip people from their rights. You can't shield this.

im talking about Eun Ji Won, not the female idol.

he's the nephew of park guenhye, and he spoke out against her.

• Oh my bad then, sorry.

lol i can see how u tought i was commenting about the female idol lol.

i edited my other comment to make it clear :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!