Everything Warner/DC/HBO

• Who Forgot to Invite Chun-Li to the Mortal Kombat?

Source: Jezebel

"But being the astute film critic that I am I immediately clocked a glaring error in the film. Where in all the realms is Chun-Li? If there is a battle for the fate of Earth then don’t we need all of the greatest warriors gathered, which would include Chun-Li and her spinning bird kick that can knock a man’s head clean off? Sounds like a pretty big plot hole to me that the ultimate street fight is supposed to be won by a ragtag team helmed by Sonya Blade, no offense to the Sonya stans.

Absence of Chun-Li aside, the trailer is the dog’s bollocks (a term I learned from watching The Bridge also on HBO Max if you’re into competition shows) and the extremely bloody, action-packed film, which is a super realistic study on the cross-section of kung-fu and elemental magic will premiere on April 16th. Choose your fighter wisely."

This would have been fine per the tone of the article but then:

Update, 4:39 p.m.: Jezebel has discovered the answer to our question about Chun Li’s erasure, and it is that Chun Li is not part of the Mortal Kombat megaverse. Wow!

LMAO

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Aquaman 2: Amber Heard Fired From Jason Momoa’s Blockbuster Franchise Following the Johnny Depp Row?

Source: Yahoo!

Amber Heard and Johnny Depp's divorce was major news a few months back. Following the lawsuit, Johnny Depp had to face a lot of trouble on the professional front and his fans were not at all happy about it. Depp had lost a libel case against The Sun over a headline that ascribed him as a "wife-beater." which further resulted in Warner Bros. asking him to resign from Fantastic Beasts 3. This was not taken well by his fans who then started a petition calling for the removal of Amber Heard from Warner Bros' Aquaman 2. Now, rumour has it that this might become true. Following the Johnny Depp Row, Petition to Remove Amber Heard From Aquaman 2 Crosses 1 Million Signatures!

While the petition or the libel might not be the reason for Amber's exit from the film, it has been learned that she indeed has been fired from the film. Reports suggest that Amber gained a little weight before the commencement of the shoot and the makers are not keen on continuing to work with her. Not just that, it is being said that Emilia Clarke who I known popularly for her role as Daenerys Targaryen from Game Of Thrones is all set to replace her. Amber essayed the character of Mera in the Jason Mamoa starrer.

A source told Australian site Sausage Roll, "Amber Heard did not pass her physical examination. She’s put on some pounds and is in terrible shape. There is a clause in her contract which says she is required to be in good form ahead of shooting and she violated that." It was also revealed that Amber's role was a very demanding one in terms of action and stunts and the production house terminated the contract after seeing how the actress was not in shape to take up the role. Popcorned Planet confirmed the same but no clarity on Emilia Clarke being a replacement for the actress has been given yet. Fans Trend 'Justice For Johny Depp' After Audio Clip Of Amber Heard Admitting She Hit Him Surfaces.

Talking about the petition, addressed to Courtney Simmons, SVP of Publicity & Communications for DC Warner Bros. and Paul McGuire, Corporate Communications of DC Entertainment - discusses how Amber is a domestic abuser and Warner Brothers should not glamorize her anymore. The petition has already crossed the 1 million signatures mark!

Earlier in 2019, it was reported that Depp had called on Warner Bros. to remove Amber from Aquaman. But this plea did not work in his favour and Amber went on to co-star in the billion-dollar superhero blockbuster film as Mera. Aquaman 2 arrives in theatres on December 16, 2022.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Amber Heard Fired From Aquaman 2 Rumors Debunked

Source: Screenrant

The rumors suggesting Amber Heard has been fired from Aquaman 2 have been debunked. Heard plays Xebellian princess Mera in the DCEU, ever since her first appearance in 2017's Justice League. She went on to have a prominent role in 2018's Aquaman and will reprise the part next month for Zack Snyder's Justice League. Additionally, Heard is expected to return for Aquaman 2, which will once again star Jason Momoa as the titular hero and is slated for release in December 2022. Plot details are still being kept under wraps, and filming is expected to begin this summer.

On Sunday, unverified reports of Heard being fired from Aquaman 2 emerged online and led the actress to trend on social media. This is hardly the first time rumors of Heard's firing have spread, seemingly stemming from her brutal and public battle with ex-husband Johnny Depp. Both Depp and Heard have contested the other was physically and verbally abusive during their relationship. In the fall, Depp was fired from Warner Bros.' Fantastic Beasts franchise, which led to fan outcry online. Depp's departure also caused some to wonder why Heard wasn't receiving the same fate.

There's no telling what may happen in the future, but so far, Heard is sticking with Aquaman 2. THR staff writer Ryan Parker took to social media to state he's been told by a "reliable source" that the reports of Heard's alleged firing are "inaccurate." Parker offered up no further information.

As the initial rumors regarding Heard being fired did not stem from a reputable source, it isn't surprising they're being debunked now. Oftentimes, stories of certain actors either being cast or let go from projects will take on a life of their own on the internet, but they end up being untrue. Heard and Aquaman 2 is an interesting case, in that the controversy surrounding the actress could very well result in some changes, similar to Depp's situation with Fantastic Beasts. However, as it stands right now, Heard will continue to play Mera in the DCEU.

This news will likely be met with a great deal of mixed reactions. Those who stand by Heard will be relieved to hear she's still a part of Aquaman 2, while others who think Heard is the aggressor in her relationship with Depp will be displeased. A petition calling for Heard's removal from Aquaman 2 gained traction in December and crossed one million signatures, signaling there are some who would like to see her fired. This is a delicate situation, and one that will likely lead to more developments in the future. Only time will tell how it pans out.

• J.J. Abrams’ Superman Reboot Reportedly Won’t Feature Clark Kent

Source: We Got This Covered

The news that J.J. Abrams is producing a Superman reboot caused a major stir on social media last week. There was excitement for it, sure, but the announcement that Warner Bros. was apparently recasting the Man of Steel led to many becoming furious that Henry Cavill was being given the boot. A new report is pointing to the truth of the matter being a little bit more complicated, though. You see, a Superman reboot is coming, but it might not focus on Clark Kent.

Insider Mikey Sutton of Geekosity has shared that sources tell him Abrams’ project isn’t as much a snub for Cavill as it seems. That’s because it won’t be replacing him as Clark Kent, but will instead introduce another version of the Last Son of Krypton from elsewhere in the multiverse. Specifically, Sutton claims that the movie will feature Calvin Ellis, the Superman of Earth-23. Of course, this is something that fans already theorized would happen as soon as Michael B. Jordan became linked to the gig.

Sutton says that Calvin will likewise be from Earth-23 in the movies as WB fully intends to dive into the multiverse following The Flash opening the doors to other worlds. The studio reportedly thinks this is the way forward for the franchise – in contrast to the MCU, they want to focus on individual continuities and not so much on crossovers. This makes sense, too, given how their other standalone projects like The Batman and Joker.

This means that Cavill isn’t exactly out as Kal-El, then, as he’ll still be the resident Clark Kent of the DCEU. It’s just that WB has got pretty excited about this brand new take on Superman, with acclaimed Marvel Comics writer Ta-Nehisi Coates writing the screenplay. Again, Jordan – who once said he’d love to play Calvin Ellis – is rumored to be the top choice for the part, while Bridgerton‘s Regé-Jean Page is also a popular contender.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I finished watching the Snydercut and my god is it good. I had no previous knowledge of Joss Whedon's Justice League so I came into this film like a newborn baby. Anyway, I enjoyed it so much ima rewatch it again lol.

My friends and I were talking about how Warner Bros should make a Cyborg film because he was amazing in this and I loved his backstory. This also made me realize how much I love Flash. Ezra Miller plays such a good Flash and I'm excited to see what they do with him in his solo film.

-

And they confirmed ZATANNA

External Content twitter.com

Emerald will be writing the script

External Content twitter.com

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!