Transgender athletes in female sports.

• The debate about it is very hot right now and many people from all sides may it be left or right are against it.

Equality is fairness, this isn’t fair.

There is a reason sport got separated in sexes, male and female bodies are biologically different. Every scientist, every biologist and of course athletes themself say it’s not a fair competition for women.

I want them to be included but this isn’t the way, including people by creating a huge disadvantage for others just for the sake of including isn’t the way. There must be another solution for this, like creating a third category for transgenders for example.

Also with more female athletes complaining, it might even create a huge dislike towards transgender woman within women sports.

Also this is actually only affecting cis-women in sports, nobody talks about transgender men as they don’t stand a chance against cis-men anyway.

Not to mention that whoever complains about it will be considered transphobic immediately even though it’s a rational concern that is backed with biological facts.

• SandyBee3

Changed the title of the thread from “Transgenders athletes in female sports.” to “Transgender athletes in female sports.”.
  • creating a 3rd category would still cause problems because then biological women would have to compete against biological men, still unfair

sports should be seperated by sex not gender

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• creating a 3rd category would still cause problems because then biological women would have to compete against biological men, still unfair

sports should be seperated by sex not gender

No mean still by sex, transgender women against transgender women and transgender men against transgender men. As this is considered a third sex by many, this should be one of the the better solution.

• You are a 100% correct. But people are weaponising the term transphobia to make people stop questioning it and objecting to it. If you are biologically male, you will still retain physical advantages over women even if you take hormones. There is even an MMA fighter who broke their opponent’s skull and said they enjoyed it, but they got no repercussions and were even called “brave”.

• Maybe sports should be categorized by weight/height class?

That still wouldn’t work because there are fundamental biological differences that would still mean transgender women are stronger than women, even if they are in the same weight class. Trans men, who never seem to be in this debate, would have no chance against men either.

• Usually trans athletes get their hormone levels tested to see if their hormones are on the same level as the biological sex they're going up against. The athlete has to meet the NCAA standards, and you guys need to remember that trans athletes vary in skill and physique just like biological male or female athletes. Most of the biologically female athletes complaining outperform trans athletes anyway, so to me it really just looks like transphobia.

Maybe sports should be categorized by weight/height class?

This is exactly correct, but people are so afraid and think that biological women are so fragile. Trans girls are girls, not men. If a cis woman had a powerful physique no one would bat an eye, trans women vary in weight and physique too.

• Usually trans athletes get their hormone levels tested to see if their hormones are on the same level as the biological sex they're going up against. The athlete has to meet the NCAA standards, and you guys need to remember that trans athletes vary in skill and physique just like biological male or female athletes. Most of the biologically female athletes complaining outperform trans athletes anyway, so to me it really just looks like transphobia.

This is exactly correct, but people are so afraid and think that biological women are so fragile. Trans girls are girls, not men. If a cis woman had a powerful physique no one would bat an eye, trans women vary in weight and physique too.

There is literally no accurate scientific study that backs this up. There is a reason that trans women who were mediocre as male athletes can suddenly win competitions easily against biological women. The fact you resort to throwing the word transphobia around is proving the OP’s point.

• Women are always the ones pushing this inclusive everything shit. They should have transwomen in all things related to ciswomen. Those hypocrites like to bring up biological differences when it’s convenient to them, but otherwise it’s off limits and racist

• There is literally no accurate scientific study that backs this up. There is a reason that trans women who were mediocre as male athletes can suddenly win competitions easily against biological women. The fact you resort to throwing the word transphobia around is proving the OP’s point.

Huh.... you're actually right. I was gonna argue, but there isn't any scientific evidence fr. Like there are only philosophical articles, thinking back on it. I even went back and its still all philosophical. :(

• Don’t let anyone tell you it’s transphobic. It’s literal science. Cis-gender women and trans women are not in any way shape or form biologically equal.

To be honest, i dislike the term cisgender. Women (born from the female sex, has vagina, XX chromosome) vs transwomen (born from male sex, has penis, XY chromosome).

This is science. Not transphobic. No one can argue with facts.

• Don’t let anyone tell you it’s transphobic. It’s literal science. Cis-gender women and trans women are not in any way shape or form biologically equal.

To be honest, i dislike the term cisgender. Women (born from the female sex, has vagina, XX chromosome) vs transwomen (born from male sex, has penis, XY chromosome).

Sexists can also use science to back up their claims that women aren’t suited for certain jobs such as fire fighters, cops or surgeons because of hormonal, brain and skeletal differences. Using the biology card is a slippery slope.

• Sexists can also use science to back up their claims that women aren’t suited for certain jobs such as fire fighters, cops or surgeons because of hormonal, brain and skeletal differences. Using the biology card is a slippery slope.

But that’s another topic for another day. It really has nothing to do with transwomen in sports.

Trump also pulled the biology card when he said trans people go in war. Because of hormonal issues causing suicidal and emotional problems. But we aren’t talking about that nor are we talking about jobs. We’re talking sports.

• But that’s another topic for another day. It really has nothing to do with transwomen in sports.

Trump also pulled the biology card when he said trans people go in war. Because of hormonal issues causing suicidal and emotional problems. But we aren’t talking about that nor are we talking about jobs. We’re talking sports.

Sports or jobs, it all sets a precedent in society. Imagine if some people said it's unfair certain professional sports like basketball are dominated by black men and unfair to Asian and white men, so there should be two separate leagues citing studies on physical differences. Or if people used statistics to say that since men, ages 18 - 25, from a certain race commit almost half of all violent crimes and murders they should be singled out and profiled. Using scientific research and statistics to make shifts in society is dangerous and problematic.

This is why the TSA checks everyone for potential terrorism at the airport even though statistics say the overwhelming majority of airplane terrorists were males from Middle Eastern backgrounds. Feminism ends where women start to believe they should have special privileges over other oppressed minorities.

• This is exactly correct, but people are so afraid and think that biological women are so fragile. Trans girls are girls, not men. If a cis woman had a powerful physique no one would bat an eye, trans women vary in weight and physique too.

Women have a different muscle distribution and their center of gravity is located in a different place. That's why women are more likely to die in car accidents, because all the dummies used for safety testing are male shaped and if they are female shaped, is just a smaller male dummy - same weight distribution, same center of gravity.

So not, the biological differences between sexes would still make distribution by weight/height very unfair.

Women have the right to practice sport in their own spaces, safely. Estrogen isn't like testosterone. The changes in your bodies produced by it are very small and take a lot to appear, even after years on it so trans women will always be at an advantage.

what do you mean you don't like the term cisgender gjkjrklgrjl

cis is literally describing someone who identifies as the same gender they were assigned at birth

there's nothing complicated about this

and tbh, chromosomes and genitals have nothing to do with gender. you can be a cis woman and not have xx chromosomes.

this argument is transphobic tbh because you're trying to say that only cis women are just women, while trans women are separate...

i'll call it what it is. it's not just a buzzword.

• Women have a different muscle distribution and their center of gravity is located in a different place. That's why women are more likely to die in car accidents, because all the dummies used for safety testing are male shaped and if they are female shaped, is just a smaller male dummy - same weight distribution, same center of gravity.

So not, the biological differences between sexes would still make distribution by weight/height very unfair.

Women have the right to practice sport in their own spaces, safely. Estrogen isn't like testosterone. The changes in your bodies produced by it are very small and take a lot to appear, even after years on it so trans women will always be at an advantage.

I'll just go ahead and admit I had no scientific evidence for what I was saying lmao :clown:

I realize that the reality of the situation was just unfair towards bio women, prior to that I just felt immense sympathy towards the trans community as a whole and didn't want to go "against" them in any way. But what you're saying makes sense, and looking into it now with a less tunnel-vision ideology, trans women in sports do appear to have an advantage. I just wish there was some sort of way to fix that, as I don't want to cause harm to either side. My point was false, but I hope it didn't seem like I wanted to harm women.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!