The best b-side of 2021 so far

• BEP remain consistent. Even ignoring the fact that it's a b-side, it's probably in my top 5 this year in terms of kpop songs.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• StayC is a great group to get into if ur dissatisfied with current TWICE, tbh. I'm not obv but I still appreciate them.

Yeah as I slowly move back to being a passive fan of kpop like I was pre-Twice they'll be one of the few groups whose music I'll check out every now and then. BEP are reliable in my mind and it's a shame they won't be making music for Chungha or Apink anytime soon either as they always produced good stuff as well together.

If I was to rank the best kpop songs this year only 1 Twice song would make it in the top 10 I think which is pretty rare for me. Listening to the new album teaser and not one song sounding like something I'd enjoy out of 14 odd songs has sort of confirmed Twice's music isn't for me currently and therefore won't be going forward as they've had this sound for a few releases in a row now. Since I've been following from debut, at this point I'm just wanting to see what they do at the end of the 7 years before I check out fully I think, hopefully will see some members in kdramas/films at some point. Would love one last Twice/BEP track.

• Yeah as I slowly move back to being a passive fan of kpop like I was pre-Twice they'll be one of the few groups whose music I'll check out every now and then. BEP are reliable in my mind and it's a shame they won't be making music for Chungha or Apink anytime soon either as they always produced good stuff as well together.

If I was to rank the best kpop songs this year only 1 Twice song would make it in the top 10 I think which is pretty rare for me. Listening to the new album teaser and not one song sounding like something I'd enjoy out of 14 odd songs has sort of confirmed Twice's music isn't for me currently and therefore won't be going forward as they've had this sound for a few releases in a row now. Since I've been following from debut, at this point I'm just wanting to see what they do at the end of the 7 years before I check out fully I think, hopefully will see some members in kdramas/films at some point. Would love one last Twice/BEP track.

Wow you really like BEP i guess. Their Twice tracks were so hit or miss (hated TT, didnt care for Fancy or Likey, liked Cheer Up and loved Ooh Aah). They're the same with BEP (LOVED So Bad, didnt care for ASAP or Stereotype). They have done a good job with StayC's b sides, this song and Lovefool are good.

But you're paying dust to the ACTUAL B side of the year for group songs:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Wow you really like BEP i guess. Their Twice tracks were so hit or miss (hated TT, didnt care for Fancy or Likey, liked Cheer Up and loved Ooh Aah). They're the same with BEP (LOVED So Bad, didnt care for ASAP or Stereotype). They have done a good job with StayC's b sides, this song and Lovefool are good.

But you're paying dust to the ACTUAL B side of the year for group songs:

Fancy and Likey are in my top three title tracks. Cheer Up I don't care much about. LoA and TT are decent enough. Their songs with Apink in Dumhdurum and I'm So Sick I think are great though, on par with Fancy. Twice with those two songs as Apink don't have the best choreo and aren't interesting to watch perform would have been great. They just have such unique instrumentals that somehow work. Chungha as well had her best work under BEP in Rollercoaster and Gotta Go.

Something like the Apink sound is what I was hoping Twice would be when they evolved but they've ended up with a much more western pop sound.

I was holding out for sub-unit songs for so long to see what interesting sounds we can get but it's basically in line with the group songs they've been releasing going by the teasers.

Alcohol Free and Strawberry Moon are the only tracks from Twice I've put on my playlist this year I think.

Slow Down is a good track as well. It's the strongest mini/album I've heard this year overall.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!