ALL ABOUT NFTS AND WHY HYBE SHOULD AVOID IT

• I SAW A LOT OF CONFUSION SURROUNDING IT SO LET ME EXPLAIN IN SIMPLE WORDS

So what is NFT(non-fungible token)?

It's a way to make certain digital content non-fungible by making each content distinct and easily verifiable.

In baby language you're basically buying a right to say that you bought something without actually owning it irl.

I saw this example a few years ago, imagine you go to an art exhibition and you see mona lisa there and it's for sale for a billion dollars. You wanna buy it so you somehow collect the money (by taking loans, by borrowing, selling your property) and then after buying it you don't actually get to keep the painting but just a token saying that you own the mona-lisa.

It's actually quite profitable.

So why is it a problem?
    Because greedy people are using it stupidly rn. It is causing massive damage to the environment. It consumes a lot of engery

why do nfts consume so much energy consume so much energy?

Because nft is a digital token, it uses data mining to do transactions and keep them secure. Data mining means using computers 24/7 and using large amounts of electricity for it.

This is just ridiculous.

ARMY'S PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS, there is a very big chance that they will make bts the face of it so we please don't let that happen.

• Im not really against nft but in kpop?

Fans will waste their money with these if they don't know how to really use it.

Also yes imagine if millions of fans will buy nft, that would require probably numerous building just dedicated for useless data mining.

Also this will further increase the current shortage and high prices of video card (which im really mad about rn)

• NO, even if you buy it someone will still have an unofficial copy of it

• NFTs are not made for merch

Merch is made for you to own something IN REAL LIFE that contains your fav logo or smth

How the hell can this be a good idea now?

Can companies stop running to anything that makes money

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• NFTs are not made for merch

Merch is made for you to own something IN REAL LIFE that contains your fav logo or smth

How the hell can this be a good idea now?

Can companies stop running to anything that makes money

Makes me think of luxury clothes brands selling 'digital' clothes to wear in your instagram pictures.

The world is such a weird place.

• Makes me think of luxury clothes brands selling 'digital' clothes to wear in your instagram pictures.

The world is such a weird place.

What now?

I mean ... what?

Oh god do not use technology like this don't ruin a good thing :pepe-cross::pepe-cross:

♢ BTS ♢ RED VELVET ♢ STAYC ♢ ITZY ♢ I'VE ♢ 

bf8564d98af24361d0590896c941048f9c781516.gifv 113c3e0e8e47532a0f6e02950f2765764a166a8c.gifv ea538e39aff2514e678056be42c87abdbaefb377.gifv

• well if there are people buying it (non-kpop stuff) now...then surely kpop companies should and can get in on the market no?

after all it's another source of revenue....

if there's going to be demand for it then companies should supply it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!