Isn't counting sales for Awards same thing like when gamers pre-ordered Cyberpunk because Witcher was good?

• We are pre-ordering albums basing on the fact that previous album/work of artist

the culture is very similar to the situation when gaming community heavily pre-ordered Cyberpunk

but they did it only because The Witcher was amazing game series...

so later on in this case people were disappointed so reviews and ratings weren't that good

people gave it most times 60 or 70 points (maximum is 100)

or gave it 3.7 rating (maximum is 5)

so what I'm trying to say maybe it would be better if those sales will be gone from part of award ceremony ratings,

maybe it would be better if the ratio would be 50% judges, 30% streaming achievements (all that charting + MV views), 20% fan voting

and don't come at me:

whoa bruh but I saw a teaser of MV and this is why I bought a pre-order

yeah that's cool people are buying things like that always, yet many times we will be disappointed either because of lead single, or because of b-sides

that's it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• But that counts for streaming and voting too. As if fans were waiting to judge the music before they voted or streamed the song like crazy. With fandoms like Kpop fandoms (don't know much about others) there will never be fair award shows. Judges could be controlled by powerful people but if they don't then they make the fairest percentage.

lt64IYu.gif

• Tbh buying albums is basically a competition in kpop for decades. Music shows count physicals too so fans would buy albums for that reason. Award shows are the same. It's apparent because in this day and age digitals get the exact same job done so albums arent really that necessary, the only extra content is phitos and stuff which I don't think on it's own is with the price of a full album is it?

So taking away albums is taking away a huge part of kpop itself. Besides streaming and fan voting are even easier to manipulate than mass buying. Can't really say ban 1 criteria because it promotes a unhealthy competition when other criteria can do just as much damage.

Also ooof cyberpunk. What a dumpster fire that was. The biggest crash and burn I've seen in gaming.

• fans will still stream and vote for their fave no matter the quality of the music. so artists with huge success in the previous years who could allready gain a huge fandom will have an advantage no matter what you do.

Than we have idols who gain fans from acting or other activies.

We have mvs released on channels with 10k follower competing with mvs released on channels with 60 milion follower. Songs released with no promo and songs promoted on every website and every paper that ever has been printed.

Its not about fairness and never has been. So it doesnt really matter what exact criterias are part of the ratings. fandom participation is big part of kpop and one of the points that make it stand out to other music genre. and album sales is as good as the other ways to expess this.

Personally i think its kind of pointless people voting for best artist or best song as long as brave girls are around.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!