China is region-blocking music on Spotify

• Seriously... I looked into my CPop-playlist and all of a suddon UNINE got region blocked -.-

It's the 3rd CPop-artist in my playlist that got blocked by now

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I think in China they banned it because they didn't want the artists to be too popular. And they want listeners to hear their own music. if you want to daha fazla gör the idods, you can go to youtobe

• I think in China they banned it because they didn't want the artists to be too famous. and they want music listeners to listen to their own music

All idol music like UNINE comes from China's private sector. The Chinese government is hostile to it because they have a medieval notion that it "corrupts" their youth.

China does everything to cripple its pop culture from challenging Hallyu because those geriatrics in their leadership think China would end up with a declining population like Korea if they did.

All they want these days are war movies and historical/fantasy dramas full of swords. And even here, they are banning anything to do with BL which dramas like "The Untamed" used to attract women viewers across Asia.

China is going back to the conservative 1950s. It is a shame too because I thought Chuang 2021 and the resulting INTO1 group were best pan-Asian group we ever had. Better than anything out of KPOP. Now China is turning its back on idol pop.

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!