Do you think Winter will eventually take over the main vocal position?

• It seems to me like Winter is gradually having more and more high notes + verses + interesting lines than NingNing

So do you think even though NingNing is technically better, SM will have Winter take over? Especially since she seems more confident on stage in singing than NingNing

**No hate on both girls please, its a topic of discussion, both girls are amazing vocalists**

Approved the thread.
  • To be honest, I see both Winter and Ningning as "main" vocals.

• I don't see it happening, ning ning just needs some more time, I think winter is getting more lines and "killer" parts because she is very popular in Korea and ningning is not, this happens a lot in kpop groups, where the sub vocal gets more lines than the main vocal, the thing is, it's not like red velvet where the gap in technique is clear, like wendy is one the best main vocalists out of the 3rd gen and her skills easily out weigh the other girls vocal skills, but with aespa, their all capable of being the main vocal (maybe not so much giselle she's more a sub vocal) so it's like, ning ning's main vocal lines can be sung by any member, (maybe not big high notes, like the end high note in savage could NOT be sung by karina or giselle, but winter, yes.) so I think because ningning lacks in popularity and winter is such an amazing vocalist that can handle highnotes, SM gives her more attention.

• Not officially, but I think she's on par with Ningning skills-wise and will continue to get more lines and screentime in the future

• No she’s average. More lines won’t make her a better vocalist.

• Idk about that but she's coming for Karina's main dancer position.

• They won't change it, they didn't even change Joy to lead vocalist or Yeri to lead rapper which is undeniably their roles yet Joy is still sub and lead rapper while Yeri is sub everything

• They don't have any official positions to begin with

• they don't have official position but SM may give her more parts in the future

• Nope...

Ningning's vocal skills are better, her range is wider, and her high notes are more stable. Indeed, sm gave Winter more lines and mv screen time, but this cannot change Ningning's Main Vocalist position.

Winter has a unique tone, and that's why she is more suitable as a lead vocalist.

• if she is overtaking the main vocal position, it's because Sm is xenophobic. No offense but it's obvious that ninging is the better singer between the two

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!