Rating K-pop groups based on concept, music, and overall teamwork.

• (Only ranking groups I know a lot about, feel free to post your ranking in replies.)

Twice: 7/10

Twice have great teamwork, they work so good as a group that its hard to picture one of the girls solo. There concepts were there with some of their older songs and the songs fit them. I believe that the transition to girl crush was too fast, also the songs dont correlate at all, to fancy, then feel special, then more and more, and now ICSM. All very different. I wish JYP planned out their sound better.

Blackpink: 6.5/10

Blackpink are arguable the biggest girl group, their teamwork in their older eras felt better, (compare aiiylt stages to D4 or ktl stages and you get what I mean) they felt more like girl group to me. They still do now but I find their choreo limits them, they can do so much more. Take the award show performances for D4, doesn't it seem lacking compared to their PWL or whistle award show performances? That spunk has been taken away. Musically they are not good or bad. In the middle for me. As if its your last fit them the most. But they pull off most concepts. The biggest problem for me is the teddy sound he forced on their songs, it made me stop caring about the girls actual music and only their aesthetics.

TXT: 9.5/10

Bighit knows what there doing. The boys have so much chemistry and teamwork, they all work so well together, they remind me of old kpop groups. Musically they are golden, no flaws (except for the auto tune big hit producers love so much) I think they will become the best 4th gen boy group, their dance skills and unique vocals make them stand out. They've just got it.

Itzy: 8.5/10

I struggle with Itzy, I love them but they just have something lacking to me. Most of the group has good team work, I find the choreographers leave out Lia, I dont know how to explain but she doesn't fit a hardcore dance based group like this, and I dont blame her, she is the main vocalist and doesn't get to properly show off where she excels while the other girls are always shining. Their music is either a hit or miss for me, its not their concept that's bad it's their music, the concept is ok for now but I find a lot of their songs sound alike, like the same formula. They deserve better B-sides, and I think JYP doesn't focus on music but more on dancing which will work only for a little while. Overall there a good group, just some improvements here and there.

NCT: 9/10

This is hard to rate, SM is smart, they know exactly how to market NCT, NCT deliver sk much unique content on their YouTube channels that as a fan you can never get bored of them. It doesn't matter if there music isnt your taste, the variety of members fill that void. They excel in personality and flavor, the members carry the concept very well, for me I feel like their older songs sound better, I wish they released more songs like the 7th sense, but there newer sound doesn't fit them as much as I wish it did. Make a wish felt so out of place, 90s love was ok, and resonance just a remix of songs. They should have gotten a whole new group song but I digress, their music isn't what I believe they excel at, its their concepts and personality that they excel at, and they all dont even need to get along, it's almost like SM cracked the code on idol groups.

(Not edited if you saw mistakes no you didnt)

• TXT: 9.5/10

Bighit knows what there doing. The boys have so much chemistry and teamwork, they all work so well together, they remind me of old kpop groups. Musically they are golden, no flaws (except for the auto tune big hit producers love so much) I think they will become the best 4th gen boy group, their dance skills and unique vocals make them stand out. They've just got it.

couldn't agree with it more. that's why i stan them :siptear:

• Teddy sound forced on the girls? Wtf? BP is literally Teddy's creation. He didnt force his sound on them, he literally created their sound.

• Honestly I would put BP higher based on these criteria. They have a great concept, and a great teamwork. The only thing I wish is for them to have more creative freedom in their music.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!