Are Thai actors popular overseas?

• I saw some people posting on Twitter yesterday about these Thai actors (Bilkin & PP from I Told Sunset About You) arriving in Seoul to receive Seoul Drama Awards and they were mobbed at the airport. I knew some Thai dramas & actors were popular in SEA but surprised to see them getting this kinda reception from Korea. Perhaps they're really opening up to SEA people?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• they're bl actors so they're probably popular among fujoshis. Idk about others but Mario Maurer was pretty popular back then.

Boredom brought me here.

• I know Bilkin and PP are huge in China. Their CP ranking used to be among top 3-4 before the qinglan period. However, apart from China, there's really no way to judge. They are not as popular as Korean actors but some actors do enjoy moderate popularity I would say.

许凯 | 陈飞宇

feiyu-chen-feiyu.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!