Theory on why Aespa is still not NGG despite their astronomical, sales, charting, ULs, PAKs, etc

• It's undeniable that Aespa is hugely popular with the Korean youths and they are dominating the charts. Yet the adult public don't really seem that aware of Aespa. And they give the final blessing for the NGG title.

My theory is that due to the corona a lot of parents bought their kids more smartphones, tablets, laptops, computers. Even though Korea didn't go into Trump style lockdowns they had a lot of restrictions and kids had nowhere to go, so electronics acted as the babysitters. So with these extra devices, probably a lot of them connected to their parent's phone #s, kids had extra places to stream Next Level and Savage on. DON'T underestimate the power of youth. They were a big part of Love Scenario's success, and it helped them win song of the year.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• They’re less than a year old. No matter how many achievements, recognition comes with time after they’re used to their faces. Also I pass on the nation gg talk.

Not really, once someone gets a hit song, which Aespa has 2 already, they quickly blow up with the public. This was evident in WG, miss A, SNSD, Twice.

• If Korean youths think they're the ngg, they ARE the ngg. Ahjumaas and uncles don't matter

Except there's much less kids in Korea than adults. Korea's fertility rate even went lower than Japan's, and in Japan they sell more adult diapers than baby diapers. So while the youth can unite into a big block for Aespa it's still not enough to be representative of the nation.

agox3iquah131.jpg

• Well why does it matter? Aespa doesn't suit the ngg image at all. Even bp who r still bigger have never been called one.

U aren't wrong in their demographic tho I think. It's mostly teens. Looks like u found your new obsession lol.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• they can make their own name you can’t push the title for them you can make a lot of these topic as you can but the Koreans will decide it not you not us.

• Well why does it matter? Aespa doesn't suit the ngg image at all. Even bp who r still bigger have never been called one.

U aren't wrong in their demographic tho I think. It's mostly teens. Looks like u found your new obsession lol.

BP didn't become NGG because Twice was still holding it's ground pretty well and they were both 3rd gen groups. Unlike WG v SNSD, where WG completely collapsed after Gee.

Aespa is starting with a clean slate in the 4th gen. They just need to surpass their peers, the previous generation still holds their honorary titles.

• BP didn't become NGG because Twice was still holding it's ground pretty well and they were both 3rd gen groups. Unlike WG v SNSD, where WG completely collapsed after Gee.

Aespa is starting with a clean slate in the 4th gen. They just need to surpass their peers, the previous generation still holds their honorary titles.

Hits aren't the only thing for ngg maybe? Also I do think twice was bigger than aespa around the same point of time in their career in SK. I think gallup may give a picture of aepsa's standing?

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• I'm not sure if there will ever be another ngg.

Because it need a certain amount of Korean gp agree to it.

While kpop is on rise over the world in the last few years. In Korea its not that popular over all generations like it was bevor. So if the older generations only care about nations sweetheart, nations pride or nations first live but not about ngg, they won't choose a new one.

But I don't think it's that relevant. BP ist the most successful gg and they were never ngg too.

• BP didn't become NGG because Twice was still holding it's ground pretty well and they were both 3rd gen groups. Unlike WG v SNSD, where WG completely collapsed after Gee.

So what you're saying is aespa needs to defeat twice in mortal kombat? Idk man 9 vs 4 isn't a fair fight...

• I have one questiona. Is NGG is some official Korean title and we are waiting for some ceremony where this title will be given from whatever group to aespa? ^^ Or official goverment statement that they have been chosen new NGG?

Because based on this troll/hate treads I have just that impression.

Aespa and twice will fight to the death in the Tokyo dome last woman standing takes home Ngg title the match will be hosted by the korean President there will be a award ceremony and throne as well

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!