Akorn FAQ + Updates

• Official Post

By now many of you are starting to understand how the new forums "Akorn" currency system works.

We will be making tweaks and adjustments to the earnings system, and will post updates when we do. We want to create a fun way to earn Akorns, but not too easy that users will game the system (this is for the benefit of the community, so that everyone has a fair shot at claiming rewards). We will begin loading up the Akorn Shop with amazing rewards for our members, not just digital profile enhancements, but actual physical merch and autographed memorabilia. You can claim all of these prizes by just gathering Akorns thru activities, but everyone will also have the option to purchase them with real currency. (More on this later)

With that said, I thought I'd start off with a short FAQ, which I will constantly expand to answer all of your questions.

Why the name Akorn?

Back in the 90's there was a very popular Korean social networking site called cyworld. Their unit of currency was the "Dotori", or in English, the Acorn. So, yes, AKP + Dotori = Akorn. I also think it's cute in reference to squirrels gathering acorns, and well our users gathering Akorns.

What can you do with Akorns?

I touched upon this above, but to expand, Akorns will be the new unit of currency throughout the allkpop forums. Users will earn Akorns thru activities, such as posting and playing Arcade Games. These Akorns can then be spent in the Akorn Shop to purchase digital profile enhancements, as well as physical merchandise. The Akorn will also serve as a currency between members, so if you ever want to "Gift" or "Pay" another member out of gratitude you can. Learn about all the ways you can earn Akorns here.

What's the difference between Activity Points and Akorns?

Activity points are earned much like Akorns, however they are not a currency. The Activity points will determine your User Rank/Title, and they will also reward you with Achievement trophies, which are automatically unlocked to your profile depending on your points.

Why are there paid Akorns?

Akorns can be earned completely without spending any real currency, however, physical goods and servers aren't free, and if some members choose to spend real currency to claim rewards faster, then we think that's a good balance. In addition, the entire team, consisting of moderators, tech team members, and award team members are working extremely hard to create a fun and safe environment for all of the members. Portions of these purchases will be split amongst the team for their hard work and late nights as a reward.

===========================

Recent changes

- Lowered risk + Increased reward for playing arcade games

- Wins for all games grant 5 Akorns, Losses are now -3 Akorns instead of -5 Akorns

- Further lowered risk for losing games to -2 Akorns

- Increased Akorn earning to 2 Akorns for creating a Topic

- Removed Transfer fees

===========================

That is all for now, any questions, leave them below and I will update this FAQ.

• We will be making tweaks and adjustments to the earnings system, and will post updates when we do. We want to create a fun way to earn Akorns, but not too easy that users will game the system (this is for the benefit of the community, so that everyone has a fair shot at claiming rewards). We will begin loading up the Akorn Shop with amazing rewards for our members, not just digital profile enhancements, but actual physical merch and autographed memorabilia. You can claim all of these prizes by just gathering Akorns thru activities, but everyone will also have the option to purchase them with real currency. (More on this later)

How does this give everyone a fair shot? Won't the users who buy Akorns have the most and be able to claim the most rewards? There are already users with thousands of Akorns from buying them. It's hard to catch up with that based off of posting and winning games alone.

• Official Post

How does this give everyone a fair shot? Won't the users who buy Akorns have the most and be able to claim the most rewards? There are already users with thousands of Akorns from buying them. It's hard to catch up with that based off of posting and winning games alone.

Everyone can earn for free, and everyone can earn from buying if they choose to. I think that's a pretty fair shot. With that said, I added onto the FAQ on why we are allowing Paid Akorns.

• if i understood correctly, the staff is going to be monetarily rewarded, correct? That's great, they deserve it. The amount of work that went into this revamp - which is still ongoing- , and the effort to regulate such a large forum should be appreciated. :)

it's not a competition, no? they use those to buy trophies and whatever else will be added. But it's not like we're competing as users here, no? :) Plus, if those few extra dollars go towards our mods and tech team that try to keep a modicum of peace and order around here, and make this forum a good place to be on, i'm not complaining.

• Official Post

Can you at least make that by participating in the games (aside of arcade once since it is impossible to find people with who you can play, lost 1 bc I waited so long that I forgot about it) we can earn akorns?

We are testing this out. For now I have disabled the timeout, so you can't lose and the games can continue until finished. The downside to this is that the game can go on forever, but we'll see how it works out.

• if i understood correctly, the staff is going to be monetarily rewarded, correct? That's great, they deserve it. The amount of work that went into this revamp - which is still ongoing- , and the effort to regulate such a large forum should be appreciated. :)

it's not a competition, no? they use those to buy trophies and whatever else will be added. But it's not like we're competing as users here, no? :) Plus, if those few extra dollars go towards our mods and tech team that try to keep a modicum of peace and order around here, and make this forum a good place to be on, i'm not complaining.

Agreed if staff are benefitting from us buying akrons I am okay with that because so much work goes into the maintaining of this site.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• New update: removed all transfer fees. Previously there was a transfer fee of 50 Akorns, this is now 0.

We'll see how this goes, but with all transfer fees now removed, this will make it a lot less taxing to use your Akorns to tip or gift other users for creating great content, helping out, birthdays, etc. Whatever you guys feel is tip worthy!

i think this was a great change kudos

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!