ITZY would have been a better group if they had replaced Lia and Chaeryeong with Somi and Mashiro

• Sorry not sorry, sorta.

ITZY make dance-centric noise music.

Lia's voice doesn't add anything to ITZY. She's the best singer, but doesn't have enough power for their dance centric releases. I won't go into her dancing too much but it's not at the level of the other 4. She'd be better in a different group. Think a RV Joy-esque role.

Chaeryeong is their best dancer, but adds nothing else, and is redundant with both Yeji and Ryujin being much strong performers. Her voice unfortunately is also the most bland in the group. She'd be better in a group where she'd stand out more as a dancer. Something like GIdle.

Honestly, in their MV and release for Loco they were forgettable. Yeji was the MVP, then Yuna and Ryujin.

Imagine how powerful they would have been with Somi and Mashiro.

Yeji, Somi and Mashiro would be a strong enough vocal trio. Somi easily makes up for the loss of Chaeryeong dance/performance wise.

And visually/aesthetically, a massive upgrade. You replace the two plainest members (Yuna is regarded as being amongst the top gen4 visuals, Ryujin stands out with her tomboyish good looks, and Yeji is exotically striking), with another visual in Somi, and you round it out with cute looking Mashiro - something they currently miss.

Throw in some international love (Somi being mixed, and Mashiro being Japanese) and you have a better rounded group.

Agree/Disagree?

Approved the thread.
  • i dont know who mashiro is

but no, i agree with lia being removed, shes meant to be main vocal but i barely hear this girls vocals in the song

so jyp please make her sing more

• The Yuna-Yeji-Ryujon trio is just too strong, but they still need a main vocal.

• Somi would get dragged for being untalented like the others though, I like her better than any Itzy member but she wouldn't really up the skill level average...

• lia whether intended by her or not always been the sources of itzy controversies since the beginning; can't keep up with the dance, can't sing live and now the bullying accusation.

• They still would not have a main vocalist so they would never be able to do vocal songs like at all , Yeji would be ma in dancer leader and main vocal because Somi is weak af

• Itzy is perfect. Y'all chart obsessed stans only focus on charts.

• i dont know who mashiro is

but no, i agree with lia being removed, shes meant to be main vocal but i barely hear this girls vocals in the song

so jyp please make her sing more

idk who Mashiro is, but Somi is overrated af

Sakamoto Mashiro is an ex-JYP trainee currently on Girl's Planet 999. Currently ranked second or third from the Japanese trainees. I think she trained with the ITZY girls, but I could be wrong. She's a well rounded package.

I just think she'd add more to ITZY than Lia or Chaeryeong do.

• Somi isn't better or as good dancer as chaeryeong lol.She's prob at the same level as yuna.

Yeah, I'm not saying she's equal or better.

It's more that Yeji and Ryujin are enough, and get all the killing parts. So replacing Chaeryeong with Somi wouldn't make as big a difference as you'd think despite Chaeryeong being the best dancer in a group.

Chaeryeong might be the only main dancer in a group that doesn't get the focus during the best dance sections.

• Itzy is the best the way they are now. If somi was in the group then all the members wouldn't shine at all, it would've been somi and friends. Somi is better as a solo artist. Chaeryeong is also a great dancer. She may lack some charisma like yeji and ryujin but her skills are amazing. Remember itzy is a dance focused group so of course they'll have more dancers than singers. Lia is also fine the way she is. People need to stop saying she can't dance. She's a vocalist not a dancer for god's sake. Lisa's vocals are unique. She's not some mediocre vocalist who can hit high notes and has no charm or color in her voice. She's amazing the way she is. A group can't have every members as all rounders. It wouldn't be a group anymore, they would've become soloist lol. Y'all don't know how groups work and come up with ignorant opinion and act like y'all spitting facts.

• Itzy is the best the way they are now. If somi was in the group then all the members wouldn't shine at all, it would've been somi and friends. Somi is better as a solo artist. Chaeryeong is also a great dancer. She may lack some charisma like yeji and ryujin but her skills are amazing. Remember itzy is a dance focused group so of course they'll have more dancers than singers. Lia is also fine the way she is. People need to stop saying she can't dance. She's a vocalist not a dancer for god's sake. Lisa's vocals are unique. She's not some mediocre vocalist who can hit high notes and has no charm or color in her voice. She's amazing the way she is. A group can't have every members as all rounders. It wouldn't be a group anymore, they would've become soloist lol. Y'all don't know how groups work and come up with ignorant opinion and act like y'all spitting facts.

And yet the biggest gg Blackpink is a group of all rounders and so is the up and coming Aespa.

Is it a coincidence that they are the trendiest gg's right now?

ITZY could have been more.

I'm not ragging on Lia or Chaeryeong's skills. I just believe they would be better appreciated in other groups, and ITZY would have members that would better complement the other 3.

They'd probably be the successor to Blackpink, rather than the next Fx.

• the only all rounder in bp is Jennie

Let's not lie Lia is by definition a mediocre vocalist she struggles with high notes and is even at the point she struggles in her range. If she would had went to SM and debuted with aespa girlie would not even have a vocal position she's THAT bad.

At least Jihyo or Jeongyeon could be a 2nd lead vocal in RV but itzy is totally vocally depressing who the fuck thought it was a good idea to debut a gg with all bad singers? Midzy think singing live= good vocals but that doesn't mean shit when the live vocals in question are no better than Yeri or Momo with the main vocalist being on par with Karina Chaeyeong and Joy ffs. How your main vocal getting ate up by other groups sub vocals?

• please dont call aespa all rounders

they can barely be called side dancers let alone all rounders

• I don't see what Somi adds besides some popularity to make me think itzy would be better off with her. Her music has been quite disappointing too

Have no idea who other girl is

• Why should anyone be replaced? Why not just add Somi and Mashiro? I really don’t understand why there’s always a constant need to bring someone down while trying to bring others up.

• Why should anyone be replaced? Why not just add Somi and Mashiro? I really don’t understand why there’s always a constant need to bring someone down while trying to bring others up.

thank you! ugh i'm tired everyone's just trying their best, unless you actually have knowledge in singing, music and dancing don't say a word like-

• aespa cant dance so you sit tf down

go watch them do their sm medley dance and how shit they were

every netizen in a 5mile radar was clowning on there asses

Aespa can't dance? Who was clowning them send receipts goofy clown everyone was praising them except the same bitter jealous bitches who been mad. Aespa all rounders argue with a wall .

• first of all, aespa has nothing to do with itzy? why are they always being brought up?

Second, I can't listen to somi's voice, it's too annoying and all of the members except Lia are better dancers than her and have way better stage presence. It's not like Somi sings well. Even if Lia isn't that great at singing, they definitely need her, because without her they would have to rely to much on Yeji. Lia is alright for the kind of songs that itzy has. And Chaeryeong has an actual nice tone that fits the rest of the members better. Listening to a song with both Somi and yuna ( still like her voice tho) would be too much imo.

Because if they just added Somi and Mashiro, Lia and Chaereyong would have even less opportunity and impact.

I just feel that the two of them would get a better opportunity to shine in a different group, and ITZY would be a better rounded group with the two suggested replacements.

It's just an opinion. It's not about their skills, it's about their fit in the overall concept.

• Itzy work just fine right now, and really there is no use wishing or imagining things that wouldn't happen. If Lia and Chaeryeong got chosen to debut in Itzy, i'm sure the higher-ups see something in them that is worth debuting.

not MYs making threads like this again.

Yupp, let's blame MYs again. Let's act like the OP and the other user represent all the MYs in here. The problem should lie on the individuals instead of the whole fandom, let alone the idols themselves. And i see bobsyouruncle is already paying attention to spread the agenda that MYs here hate Itzy and that we're enabling fight.

• bring this outside to the main forum. this is juicy

• Be bold, post this on the main forum . Enough of the hiding

• Fake concern by non fans. Itzy doing well the way they are. It's always the non fans who have concerns for groups who aren't their bias group. Don't say you're a midzy cz you're clearly not, if you were then we could see your real account and not make an anonymous thread.

• Let's not lie Lia is by definition a mediocre vocalist she struggles with high notes and is even at the point she struggles in her range. If she would had went to SM and debuted with aespa girlie would not even have a vocal position she's THAT bad.

At least Jihyo or Jeongyeon could be a 2nd lead vocal in RV but itzy is totally vocally depressing who the fuck thought it was a good idea to debut a gg with all bad singers? Midzy think singing live= good vocals but that doesn't mean shit when the live vocals in question are no better than Yeri or Momo with the main vocalist being on par with Karina Chaeyeong and Joy ffs. How your main vocal getting ate up by other groups sub vocals?

You seem so bitter who hurt you?

Let's not lie Lia is by definition a mediocre vocalist she struggles with high notes and is even at the point she struggles in her range. If she would had went to SM and debuted with aespa girlie would not even have a vocal position she's THAT bad.

Why you mad why you sad why you tiktiktik

• Didn't think I would agree with OP, but I do.

If I was JYP, I would have left Lia out. Lia is a charisma hole in the group and Itzy doesn't need a main vocal. Four lead vocals with different strengths would work for the dance-focused group.

I would have chosen Chaeryeong though, as well as Somi and Mashiro for a six person group (and I would have given Somi a better contract that allowed her some solo endorsements so she would agree).

Somi would be the face, because she is one of the best promoters in the business and she is fluent in English (with help from Mashiro in Japan).

Somi and Ryujin would have been centers, depending on the song. Ryujin with the more badass parts and Somi with the lighter parts.

Somi, Yeji, Mashiro and Ryujin would have been lead vocals, and the group would have lower notes then the average GG to match their strengths.

Chaeryeong would be the main dancer, and all the other girls are good enough to be lead dancers.

Yeji would be the leader. She seems good in the role.

Yuna would be the all-rounder maknae, sorta like a younger Somi. I would play up the Somi-Yuna pair in photo shoots and promotions. They are both perfect for cfs.

This group would have been an international juggernaut, so the additional issues with Somi's contract would have been worth it. JYP is just too stubborn to adapt his ideas a little to work with the talent he has.

• Fake concern by non fans. Itzy doing well the way they are. It's always the non fans who have concerns for groups who aren't their bias group. Don't say you're a midzy cz you're clearly not, if you were then we could see your real account and not make an anonymous thread.

I'm not concerned about Itzy, they are doing well enough. I'm not a midzy, or a stan of any one particular group.

It's on anon to avoid any fanwar bs. People can speak their mind without their fandoms getting dragged into it.

It's a personal opinion on what I think would have made them better. Not sure why there's a need for you to get so heated. I didn't drag Lia or Chaeryeong's skills or talent. It's just my opinion that they don't fit that well in Itzy.

It's not that deep buddy.

• first of all, aespa has nothing to do with itzy? why are they always being brought up?

Second, I can't listen to somi's voice, it's too annoying and all of the members except Lia are better dancers than her and have way better stage presence. It's not like Somi sings well. Even if Lia isn't that great at singing, they definitely need her, because without her they would have to rely to much on Yeji. Lia is alright for the kind of songs that itzy has. And Chaeryeong has an actual nice tone that fits the rest of the members better. Listening to a song with both Somi and yuna ( still like her voice tho) would be too much imo.

somi sings better and sounds than majority of itzy cat dying voices

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!