Why do male groups bow during their greetings but female groups don't?

Approved the thread.
  • I thought they both bowed

• Everyone bows though? It’s part of the culture when a junior greets a senior, sometimes even seniors bow.

• I've never noticed this, but it's true! 8|

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Some ggs do bow and some bgs don't bow, but seems correct to say bgs do it most often. The only theory I could offer you is that it's become practice for some ggs not to bow just in case there's an incident where bowing could cause the camera to see down their blouse. I've seen that happen with bgs even for groups that don't really do sexy concepts or show skin so I'm gonna assume it's just an overcautious approach.

• Not sure and didn’t really noticed that.

But I wonder why you want to be anonymous asking about it

• i think it because of costume..

• I think it's just how the gesture was brought up long ago that it has become a norm. Girl groups bow too, but often they tend to wave hands, create heart shape using both arms on their head, heart shape with each other, using one hand heart, etc. They does a variety of cutesy things when introducing themselves or as a group. Sometimes if they wore low shirt/ low neck dress, they probably won't bow and does those listed above instead. At least that's what I see over the years. Boy groups does cutesy stuff too, but not as often when greeting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!