Lets just say Kris screwed it up for everyone.

• For Chinese Idols already in like kpop groups...I think they're pretty much D.O.A at this point, well boy groups anyway. Like for the effeminate man ban; if you're a guy who is considered pretty there isn't really that much you can do to not be pretty. Cutting your hair/growing a beard might help but then you could just be a pretty dude with a beard. But with the new bans being so strict while also being vague, a guy could show up in a yellow shirt and get banned for it. Tbh it just seems like too much trouble to even attempt.

I wonder if this will affect idols like Aespa NingNing. Is she in China or Korea right now? To keep her career going will she have to stay in Korea? Will Chinese authorities try and force her and other Chinese idols to go back to China?

Will Seventeen's Jun and The8 be able to leave China and rejoin the group? Will they be banned from TV in China because "they look too effeminate"?

I actually thought the CCP would expand China's idol industry and use it as some kind of soft power like South Korea but it doesn't seem like it. They seem to be destroying the idol industry instead in some sort of Cultural Revolution.

I think this Chinese idol ban will spell the end of Chinese idols in Korean groups, since they can't make so much money in China what's the point? A lot of Knetz seem to dislike Chinese idols anyway.

I'm already seeing a push towards South East Asia, sure Kpop is popular there but I'm noticing some groups make more of an effort for example a few groups singing their songs in Indonesian for fun and Secret Number having an Indonesian member. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next few years we see less Chinese members debuting and more Indonesian, Thai and Filo members instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!