if I keep something I found with out looking for it owner is it ok ?

• I lost something and found someone else stuff that same as what I lost , if I keep it is it ok ?

if the owner look for it and If I ignore it , am I wrong ?

if they dont look for it but I know who it belong too but didnt tell them , am I wrong for that ?

I dont have money to buy new one and I lost mine cuz I was helping people allowing them to borrow my stuff but cuz of the many hands it went to I dont know who took it and everyone say it not me , so I felt like it was god gift/reward to bring me someone else's stuff .. might sound silly but that how I justified me keeping it .

but I am scared of karma , so what should I do , help me .

also one last question , Is it bad to take advice from people of different culture then yours ? :eyes:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• my general rule is to look for the owner first, decide to keep or give away second :melon_think: also wouldn't you feel bad if the person asked you and you lied?

what if I said I had it and they thought I stole it ? :eyes:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Go and hand it to the police, easy as.

You'll sleep better.

yeah I would sleep better , but what about my own stuff that I lost ? I don't have money to buy new one that why I took the one I found in first place .. so this would be like being hungry and find fish but put it back in water

• yeah I would sleep better , but what about my own stuff that I lost ? I don't have money to buy new one that why I took the one I found in first place .. so this would be like being hungry and find fish but put it back in water

It's not your fish mate. You didn't take it out of the water.

You mentioned karma before.

Go to the police, hand it in and say that yours was lost(stolen) as well.

Do with this what you want, it's your karma after all.

• well I don't know where you are nor whatever it is you've picked up...

if it's something that can be distinguishable and somewhat valuable then the law in my country is that you must return it to the police in which case the actual owner has to prove they are the owner and claim it within 12 months...otherwise the finder gets to claim ownership...

for items which are non-distinguishable or non valuable then you can keep it as the finder...

examples of the first are necklaces/jewelry etc

examples of the second - a five dollar note, an ordinary pen

• Hand it in if rightful owner cannot be found. It happened to me a couple of months ago in my local supermarket. I found forty dollars lying on the floor. I could've held onto it but conscience got the better of me and I handed it in the next day. I was raised to be honest and that's exactly what I was. That could've been a pensioner's savings and I couldn't have lived with myself if I had kept it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!