What is Astro lacking?

• Don't get me wrong, this isn't a bashing thread, I like the guys and I know how well their physical sales are doing. But Cha Eunwoo isn't a random name, he's probably the biggest idol visual from recent years, yet his group isn't really gaining public recognition from that.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Like any bg, they could chart well during zombie hours but now that Korea is waking up their new song isn't even charting on genie.

I could understand their previous release not doing well even if it was after True Beauty hype, because the style and concept wasn't really public friendly, but the new one is a fresh summer concept with an easy to listen song.

Most of the members have been promoting in dramas, radio, musicals and TV shows. Moonbin even guested on Knowing Bros with Eunwoo before. With so much exposure one could expect more people got interested in their music, especially because it caters to them. Yet they are charting as bad as any 4th gen bg with zero exposure and no Cha Eunwoo.

Before, having a popular visual members helped small groups like ZEA and B1A4 to chart and get small hits. Generations changed but not even top 100 on genie is worse that one could expect.

What does Astro (and by extension, SF9 too because I think they are in similar positions) need? Or it's just the bad luck of 3rd gen bgs from mid sized companies? Then again, you have tbz with no member as big as CEW charting much better with an unpromoted kingdom song... I don't really get it

• Their music doesn't suit the taste of most bg fans.

Everyone always says they want cute bg songs and yet here we are. Their last comeback was closer to a typical bg sound and concept and performed better.

I also don't think people finding Cha Eunwoo attractive would make them more inclined to listen to their music if they don't like it. Oh also a fair number of his akages want him to leave the group completely so they definitely ain't supporting them.

• idk but eunwoo has akgaes dude, like, a lot

i almost became one when I did behold his beautifully crafted face the guy looks like an angel

as for Astro I heard their discography was good but I just never gave them a chance, maybe I should :/

I think this is what happens to most people. Isn't like they didn't gain fans, their physical sales prove how much their fandom grew after True Beauty. But the korean public and general fandom in Korea isn't giving them a chance not matter what...

Their music doesn't suit the taste of most bg fans.

Everyone always says they want cute bg songs and yet here we are. Their last comeback was closer to a typical bg sound and concept and performed better.

I also don't think people finding Cha Eunwoo attractive would make them more inclined to listen to their music if they don't like it. Oh also a fair number of his akages want him to leave the group completely so they definitely ain't supporting them.

I know they lack international appeal, if we compare them to bgs from 4th gen or even sf9 lately

but their numbers in Korea seem lacking to me if we consider how much exposure they have thanks to CEW and how much friendlier their music is in contrast of other bgs...

Maybe people in Korea do know their name but just don't get invested enough to listen to their songs

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!