[BREAKING] Famous girl group member A arrested for illegally abusing propofol

• I'm shocked and then not shocked at the same time. I just feel for Gain so much... She's lost 2 of her best friends to suicide in 2019 and before that she had history of insomnia, anxiety and depression for few years.

As for insomnia I'd guess at this point of Kpop popularity and pressure within industry that it's an occupational hazard disease for idols in general. It's so unheathy to have your sleep disrupted or absent for such long periods of time and companies just don't care because they want money (well I'd say idols do too but I doubt at expense of their health) and they "squeeze the lemon" to the end.

I've watched a lot of behind the scenes and programs on Brown Eyed Girls and their schedule starting from hitting Abracadabra peak that extended past also succesful Sixth Sense promotions (that's mid year 2009 to early 2012 basically) was insane plus since 2010 to 2017 Gain had regular solo releases so it piled up even more.

She's been inactive in industry since her problems in 2017 to 2019 for BEG's "Revive" album, and since Revive to now - there were rumors of a solo but nothing specific ever came out.

I just hope she's better now ;(

• this will be enough to ruin her career which is a shame considering she is from one of the most talented and respected girl groups of all time

she deserves better than this but the state of their mental health perception and treatment is rock bottom so we just have to watch it happen

• I just feel for Gain so much... She's lost 2 of her best friends to suicide in 2019 and before that she had history of insomnia, anxiety and depression for few years.

I feel like Netizens like to forget that and just paint her as a druggie, or problematic idol. She has done so much for Women's rights in Korea and knowing how the industry was back when she debuted she probably went through a lot to just speak her mind. Seeing her posts on social media do not help either as it is very clear she is still sad over the loss of the two of them as they were important to her life on an extreme level....I mean the year before the whole 2019 incidents she was admitted for need of mental health help herself...

https://www.allkpop.com/articl…reak-for-mental-treatment

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

MD06SU0.gif

• That is what I have been thinking seeing this all unfold...

I wish there would be medical program or a guidance program of some sorts that would help idols and people recover their sleep health.

The amount of people in the industry self medicating on dangerous drugs is alarming. I'd guess their sleep patterns are so messed up that standard sleep medicine doesn't work for them.

Insomnia combined with depression and anxiety is really bad and also amplifiyng the other two.

• That's the stuff that Michael Jackson was OD'd on. That's some heavy stuff and should only be prescribed and overseen by a qualified doctor. I guess Gain is really struggling if she's willing to take something that powerful.

Is she charged because of using the med or the way she attained it? Like I said it can be a prescribed med so it seems harsh to punish her for trying to get it especially if she needs it but getting it from a plastic surgeon seems a bit dodgy.

• That's the stuff that Michael Jackson was OD'd on. That's some heavy stuff and should only be prescribed and overseen by a qualified doctor. I guess Gain is really struggling if she's willing to take something that powerful.

Is she charged because of using the med or the way she attained it? Like I said it can be a prescribed med so it seems harsh to punish her for trying to get it especially if she needs it but getting it from a plastic surgeon seems a bit dodgy.

If i understood right that drug is illegal to prescib in korea. And getting it from a plastic surgeon is clearly trying to dodge regulations

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!