Bringing 2nd gen idols back

• You're right, I said 'debut' but I meant 'rose to popularity'.

Sistar debuted in 2010 but didn't make that big of splash in their first years, compared with other groups that debuted in 2009-2010.

Sistar's hit songs followed later, and Sistar's peak era was when 2nd gen's top groups were slowly coming down from their peak era: Wonder Girls' fame had faded while they were in the US, SNSD and KARA were far more active in Japan than South Korea - from early 2011 to early 2014 SNSD only had 2 Korean comebacks - 2NE1 experienced longer and longer hiatuses after 2011 and T-ARA fell hard due to an unfair scandal.

Which left the field wide open for other groups like Sistar, AOA and Girl's Day to rise.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I think they'd do pretty well. Remember 2g groups found a lot of success and achievements without any of the benefits of things like social media, bigger YouTube, easier to buy albums etc. Plus a lot of 2g groups were more popular with public than 3 or 4g groups.

True! Fans nowadays are so lucky😁

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!