Good news for us BoraHae B*TCHES !!!!!!

• for the uninitiated...

what does borahae mean?

Its a word Taehyung came up with on stage.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Since then it is used by Armys and BTS to tell each other that we love each other. BTS usually end their fan interactions and videos to Armys with borahae.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• interesting...

cool thanks

• OMG DID YALL KNOW YOONGI SUGGESTED TAE TO TRADEMARK IT???? IN a VLIVE ?

Changed the title of the thread from “Good news for us BoraHae BITCHES !!!!!!” to “Good news for us BoraHae B*TCHES !!!!!!”.
  • There are a few things I'm wondering about. First, why HYBE did this not Big Hit Music when Big Hit Music is an independent company even though it's under HYBE?

Secondly, why did they do this on their own behalf and not on behalf of BTS V? That way V won't be able to make any money out of it, right? And please don't tell me BTS members own shares, they all only have 1.4% stake. Him creating “borahae” has no correlation with his work under the company. Plus “i purple you” was a sudden creation and it was never planned by Bighit. So its clear that according to intellectual property law, Taehyung should be trademark owner.

Also, they were already using the phrase "Borahe" to make money. It was on McDonalds products. Was V paid for this?

They also used the Bang PD drawning by Jungkook to make money, the painting by Suga and they didn't get permission from both of them. I think it casts doubt on their sincerity when they took action after other companies trying to get the trademark the word.

E16N6vPWEAMc3x3?format=jpg&name=medium

E3WDbsJVIAM8jd_?format=jpg&name=900x900

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Edited 3 times, last by byakuyav ().

• Idk about why it was Hybe than BH. But I do wonder if the trademark belongs to the company or taehyung himself. I assume that there would have been discussions among him and the company before trademark was filed. I am not very sure either

• Idk about why it was Hybe than BH. But I do wonder if the trademark belongs to the company or taehyung himself. I assume that there would have been discussions among him and the company before trademark was filed. I am not very sure either

Some say HYBE is entitled to it because Taehyung is an employee of the company, but that's not how things work when it comes to creativity. He's an employee under BH, but it's him who came up with it, not BH. Also the members themselves have said many times that the coprights should be given to them.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

• Somehow i think its just hybe being smart by waiting such issue arise and fans take initiative/want borahae to be copyrighted.

If there is no issue & hybe suddenly copyrighted borahae I dont think fans will be pleased by hybe profiting borahae.

• Some say HYBE is entitled to it because Taehyung is an employee of the company, but that's not how things work when it comes to creativity. He's an employee under BH, but it's him who came up with it, not BH. Also the members themselves have said many times that the coprights should be given to them.

Do the members have the authority to trademark/copyright stuff without the involvement of the company?

• Do the members have the authority to trademark/copyright stuff without the involvement of the company?

I think it should be. Otherwise, why would Suga say that his painting was used without his permission? If he wants, he must have the power to take action on this issue, I suppose? :/

• Ooh his painting?? I didn’t know that. I hope everything works out in the end bcos there isn’t much we can do as fans in this particular issue.

https://www.jazminemedia.com/2…k-without-his-permission/

The only thing big companies care about is protecting themselves and making money. As you can see, when it comes to fans who usually say that they love BTS, but hang out like Big Hit fans, we don't come across them such issues. Them became silent for some reason. :rolleyes1: Of course, all we can do is put forward our reaction on the matter.

• I can understand why HYBE didn't trademark it earlier. There would've been a lot of backlash and accusations that they were trying to profit off of something that has a lot of meaning to BTS and ARMY. I'm glad they're able to trademark it now without anyone having a fit.

• I can understand why HYBE didn't trademark it earlier. There would've been a lot of backlash and accusations that they were trying to profit off of something that has a lot of meaning to BTS and ARMY. I'm glad they're able to trademark it now without anyone having a fit.

They've been trying to make money off of it for the last few years. McDonalds have "Borahe" on their packages and these happen before trademark. So who made money from it? V or HYBE? HYBE has now taken this action quickly because fans are happy that they don't want the "Borahe" to be taken over by another company, whereas HYBE has taken advantage of this and take something that belongs to Tae. It's that simple.

• They've been trying to make money off of it for the last few years. McDonalds have "Borahe" on their packages and these happen before trademark. So who made money from it? V or HYBE? HYBE has now taken this action quickly because fans are happy that they don't want the "Borahe" to be taken over by another company, whereas HYBE has taken advantage of this and take something that belongs to Tae. It's that simple.

Borahae being used in Brand’s that BTS appear on to represent their love for ARMY isn’t something that should be slammed as trying to make money off. Borahae is a meaning deeply connected to BTS and armys. It’s makes perfect sense to trade mark it when other companies are trying to trade mark it and possibly prevent BTS from using that phrase. I also believe Taehyung is perfectly capable of speaking and discussing with his company. I don’t shoot for the company, but stop trying to portray Taehyung as someone who is weak and incapable. We don’t sit at their meetings to know what is exactly going on. I don’t know what makes it 100% sure that Taehyung didn’t agree to this, something which is much more serious( he can file a lawsuit) than scanning a photo to be included in an album( I saw the video, korean people explained that yoongi was not angry, his tone was just sarcastic).

Anyways, I don’t like when people try to portray BTS members, grown adults as someone who is incapable of speaking up, having no autonomy over themselves that random Karens think they know better than them and rather speak over them.

• Borahae being used in Brand’s that BTS appear on to represent their love for ARMY isn’t something that should be slammed as trying to make money off. Borahae is a meaning deeply connected to BTS and armys. It’s makes perfect sense to trade mark it when other companies are trying to trade mark it and possibly prevent BTS from using that phrase. I also believe Taehyung is perfectly capable of speaking and discussing with his company. I don’t shoot for the company, but stop trying to portray Taehyung as someone who is weak and incapable. We don’t sit at their meetings to know what is exactly going on. I don’t know what makes it 100% sure that Taehyung didn’t agree to this, something which is much more serious( he can file a lawsuit) than scanning a photo to be included in an album( I saw the video, korean people explained that yoongi was not angry, his tone was just sarcastic).

Anyways, I don’t like when people try to portray BTS members, grown adults as someone who is incapable of speaking up, having no autonomy over themselves that random Karens think they know better than them and rather speak over them.

Being an adult doesn't mean you know everything or can. Big Hit could have claimed that word all this time, but they didn't. Think about it, why didn't they? Because they were afraid of the backlash because the word didn't belong to them, it belonged to V. As V has said over and over all this time, Borahe should be trademarked on his name. I'm not saying this, V is saying it himself. You may want to push the use of the paint that Suga made without his permission under the rug, but I can't. Has the company used the paint without the member's consent? Yes, period. No one can be sure whether the same situation applies now.

• They've been trying to make money off of it for the last few years. McDonalds have "Borahe" on their packages and these happen before trademark. So who made money from it? V or HYBE? HYBE has now taken this action quickly because fans are happy that they don't want the "Borahe" to be taken over by another company, whereas HYBE has taken advantage of this and take something that belongs to Tae. It's that simple.

You sound like a solo stan so I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore. Have a great day!

• Being an adult doesn't mean you know everything or can. Big Hit could have claimed that word all this time, but they didn't. Think about it, why didn't they? Because they were afraid of the backlash because the word didn't belong to them, it belonged to V. As V has said over and over all this time, Borahe should be trademarked on his name. I'm not saying this, V is saying it himself. You may want to push the use of the paint that Suga made without his permission under the rug, but I can't. Has the company used the paint without the member's consent? Yes, period. No one can be sure whether the same situation applies now.

They didn’t trade mark it bcos they didn’t have the need to till other companies started claiming it which would effectively prevent BTS from using it. we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes which you also agree with so stop trying to portray Taehyung as this helpless bird. Until Tae himself says this happened without his consent, which is when fans should step in. So save your saviour mentality and respect him.

• They are

I'm not. Have you really see me hating other members? I bet you're not. I'm BTS fan and my bias is V. Stop spreading missinformation about me.

• They didn’t trade mark it bcos they didn’t have the need to till other companies started claiming it which would effectively prevent BTS from using it. we don’t know what goes on behind the scenes which you also agree with so stop trying to portray Taehyung as this helpless bird. Until Tae himself says this happened without his consent, which is when fans should step in. So save your saviour mentality and respect him.

This works both ways. And you don't know if Taehyung's consent was taken or not. Also, Hybe had started making money from Borahe even before this trademarke thing. Let me remind you again, from whom did they get permission to put the Borahe text on McDonalds packages? How many adult idols, men and women in the industry have become victims of their companies? They also knew this industry and they were grown people and they were still victims. Big companies only think about themselves and their money. Here I am defending the rights of a member of my favorite group. What about you? I really don't understand these company stans at all. They're even worse than the antis.

• Some say HYBE is entitled to it because Taehyung is an employee of the company, but that's not how things work when it comes to creativity. He's an employee under BH, but it's him who came up with it, not BH. Also the members themselves have said many times that the coprights should be given to them.

Actually often times that is how it works.

Why do you think Mattel sued MGA over Bratz

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!