3.5 Unique Ways BTS became the biggest digimon group of 3rd gen.

• can you atleast stop derailing every bts thread that has decent discussion? make your own thread about bts ULs and fandom.

That's what having the biggest fandom in the world does for you. Guarantees you a giant ready made audience. BTS has hit around 400-450k UL in the first 24hours for every title since Melon reform. If the songs get GP approval like Dyna, that number shoots high to 700k UL peak. If the songs dont, that number drops like LGO. Butter is in the middle i guess, unless it skyrocketed recently the last i saw was 540k UL.

• I dont think its a debate lol. The consistency is remarkable, i think it's clear that BTS has about 400-450k UL that are hardcore or casual fans that will listen to their titles the day they release. If they dont like it and GP doesnt buy in, the song will eventually drop and underperform like LGO. If the song blows up into the GP, the song will get 700k UL, IU numbers. If it's in between, you end up with Butter.

Remember that the real GP arent tuning in to when BTS debuts. They're regular Joes with regular jobs, boomers, gen Xers, even grammies and grandpas. When they buy in, the song booms higher like what Dyna, LSG, and now Next Level have done.

you were doing okayish until the last sentence.

• That's what having the biggest fandom in the world does for you. Guarantees you a giant ready made audience. BTS has hit around 400-450k UL in the first 24hours for every title since Melon reform. If the songs get GP approval like Dyna, that number shoots high to 700k UL peak. If the songs dont, that number drops like LGO. Butter is in the middle i guess, unless it skyrocketed recently the last i saw was 540k UL.

Butter is not in the middle, its debut was similar to ON but its stability is far outpacing ON and LGO. It's clearly one of their bigger hits already.

I dont think its a debate lol. The consistency is remarkable, i think it's clear that BTS has about 400-450k UL that are hardcore or casual fans that will listen to their titles the day they release. If they dont like it and GP doesnt buy in, the song will eventually drop and underperform like LGO. If the song blows up into the GP, the song will get 700k UL, IU numbers. If it's in between, you end up with Butter.

Remember that the real GP arent tuning in to when BTS debuts. They're regular Joes with regular jobs, boomers, gen Xers, even grammies and grandpas. When they buy in, the song booms higher like what Dyna, LSG, and now Next Level have done.

the first paragraph is pretty spot on, but Butter is one of their songs with a seriously strong start (BWL, Dyna).

Second paragraph: You lost me.

1) "Real GP" doesn't mean shit when the highest UL count on Melon is a little over 7 million, and there's 52M+ people living in South Korea.

Most older people like you mentioned are not using streaming services. The age-ranges for songs on Melon rarely show people above 50 listening, and even on Gallup, once you get to the 50+ results, they start listing trot, which is actually popular among older Koreans.

BTS has plenty of listeners in their 20s-40s, not just teens. Their songs rank the highest among listeners here. Those are the people who are working ("the regular Joes with regular jobs" and Gen Xers).

2) Next Level is not on the level of LSG, and LSG is not on Dynamite's level. Butter peaked in unique listeners more than 2 weeks after release, just like Dynamite.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I forgot this one.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• Wut? LSG started with like 300k UL and ended up peaking at around 520-530K UL. Next Level started at around 200k UL and is now at 415k UL. You dont call this booming growth? :whatb:

400k is good, but not this holy grail you're making it out to be.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I dont think its a debate lol. The consistency is remarkable, i think it's clear that BTS has about 400-450k UL that are hardcore or casual fans that will listen to their titles the day they release. If they dont like it and GP doesnt buy in, the song will eventually drop and underperform like LGO. If the song blows up into the GP, the song will get 700k UL, IU numbers. If it's in between, you end up with Butter.

Omg a joker. Mama help. :pepe-clown-gear:

:confused:

• Wow nice output OP and I love some of the answers from my fellow armys. As always I think BTS has transitioned into the stage where people are ready to listen to them because they believe they produce good music and that means a lot to musicians.

Especially when BTS is more known than their company itself and every kind of promo is brought about because of their own brand they have established.

• Wow nice output OP and I love some of the answers from my fellow armys. As always I think BTS has transitioned into the stage where people are ready to listen to them because they believe they produce good music and that means a lot to musicians.

Especially when BTS is more known than their company itself and every kind of promo is brought about because of their own brand they have established.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!