i​s i​t better for a group to stic​k to a si​mi​lar musi​c style throughout thei​r career; or keep changi​ng i​t every comebac​k?

• By saying better; i mean in terms of popularity and growing fanbase. With a constant music style; your fans know what to expect and like what you release but they may find it boring after a while. if you keep changing; your fans have new things to look for in every comeback; but also the style they may like you have moved on from it and now releasing different music.

• It's hard to stick to only one style for too long. At some point you may start sounding the same.

But I wish groups did some throwbacks to their old style, even if it's only a b-side.

• I know groups, if they would've stayed by the same style as their debut-stuff than nobody would like them. I mean imagine VERIVERY would've sticked to releasing only oldschool-themed songs. They would still be underrated by now if they hadn't changed the style of their songs

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I think if a group has certain strengths like EXO's belting, crooning, and adlibbing, they can always go crazy smolz on a few album tracks and still do a variety for their titles. That's a broad strength that could be applied in a lot of different ways though. It's a problem when a group completely moves away from a niche that actual is their only strength (like R'N'B ballads for example).

Ballads don't do as well on the charts, but that doesn't mean they should be completely cut (I would understand cutting them from being title tracks but not) from being included on the albums.

• A think a too drastic change might not be that good?

But then sticking to the same thing isn't going to work. If you want to stick to a certain image you also have to make sure your songs are different and fresh.

Like for example Sistar, they kept the sexy concept throughout most of their career, but every song they put out is different and you can still feel the 'Sistar element' to them

• ....Like for example Sistar, they kept the sexy concept throughout most of their career, but every song they put out is different and you can still feel the 'Sistar element' to them

I wish Starship would have done like 1 or 2 R'N'B/Pop album cuts over each Sistar album. Hyolyn has the perfect voice for that kind of music. It would have been a dope balance to offset their summery smashes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!