5 must-listen K-drama soundtracks for an emotional ride

• Have you ever listened to a K-drama soundtrack that hit you like a truckload of feels?

K-drama soundtracks play a big role in adding emotion to the various scenes, whether through tears of joy or cries of pain. Often, even without understanding the lyrics, the music just resonates with us.

As a K-drama fan who has listened to many soundtracks, here are my top 5 must-listen K-drama OSTs.

'While You Were Sleeping'

Talk about a soundtrack that transportsyou to dreamland. Some of the popular songs here are "When Night Falls" by Eddy Kim and "It’s You" by Henry. These songs both feature relaxing piano music and, of course, singers with exceptional vocals.

"I Love You Boy" by Suzy Bae, who also played the main character Hong Joo, hit No. 1 on the Music Bank OST Chart last 2017. Bae did an outstanding job with this ballad, singing with pure emotion and an angelic voice.

'Itaewon Class'

The most popular song in this soundtrack is the upbeat "Start Over" by Gaho, which was used in the trailer to hype up the audience anticipation for the series.

"Brand New Way" by Lee Yunchan is a reminder to not surrender even if we are tired, and to continue to believe ourselves and achieve our goals -- just like the poem Yi Seo read in the drama. “I’m a rock. Go ahead and sear me. I won’t budge an inch because I’m a rock. Go ahead and beat me up. I’m a solid rock. Go ahead and leave me in the darkness. I’m a rock that will shine all alone. I don’t break, ash, nor decay as I go against nature’s way. I survive. I’m the diamond.”

'Hotel Del Luna'

"All About You" by Taeyon won Best OST at the Seoul Music Awards this year. Taeyon did an outstanding job conveying the emotions in the song. It became so popular that even other Korean artists made their own covers of the ballad.

'Crash Landing On You'

"I Give You My Heart" by IU surprised viewers because no one knew the song would be released. Even so, IU’s impressive emotive vocal tones gave substance to the song, which easily topped the charts. The song is about a promise of love and to stay by their side.

"Here I Am Again" by Yerin Baek is a song of staying by someone you love despite the pain of long-distance relationships. The singer interpreted the song well in line with the character’s emotions.

'The Lonely and Great God - Goblin'

"Beautiful" by Crush is song about seeing the beautiful things in life, even amid sadness.

"Stay With Me" by Chanyeol of EXO and Punch is far by the most popular song in this soundtrack. It mixes rap with the vocals and has an immense feeling of loneliness and longing to be with someone.

Source: https://news.abs-cbn.com/enter…cks-for-an-emotional-ride

• My all time favourite

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!