ITZY's success was the death knell for GOT7

• Here's what happened with GOT7 and JYP. People may have concluded this and written about it anyway so apologies if I'm going over old ground.

So you have this popular, good looking, funny group with a loyal worldwide fanbase and great sales. They are an asset right? You'd be mad to get rid of them?

giphy.gif

Let's suppose the financial side was not as important as the Ego of the CEO.

People who think JYP made a mistake have got it all wrong, it went perfectly to plan as he wanted to push out GOT7... WHY YOU MAY ASK??

Because quite simply JYP was jealous of them.

giphy.gif

He's trying desperately to be the cool CEO, still releasing music and making MVs, the all singing, all songwriting, all dancing head honcho holding onto his youth forever.

giphy.gif

But while he's a successful and talented guy, nothing on the planet will make him cooler and more loved with the female of the species than GOT7 (And he probably saw this internally with how females in JYPE, Twice, trainees, staff etc reacted to him vs GOT7 members).

giphy.gif

He sidelined them with half assed comebacks, didn't offer them solo work, cancelled any attempt to write their own songs.

GOT7 had no choice but to leave.

giphy.gif

Before all of this was possible he had to make sure the financial impact was minimal. With the emergence of Twice the seeds were planted for the end of Jackson's posse. Before Twice you'd need a boy band in there to bring a solid income to JYP, and that's when GOT7 were of use to him. Then Twice became that 'boy group' from a financial perspective, making more $$$ then he could have ever dreamed of.

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

But having all your eggs in one basket is never a good idea, so project ITZY was born. Now I'm not saying ITZY was utilised as a weapon against GOT7 but what transpired (and according to ITZY themselves no one in JYP expected this), there emerged an instant hit group. People loved the concept, the idols and the songs and were buying their albums....

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Now you had two big girl groups who sold like boy groups, ITZY were the PERFECT replacement for GOT7 from a financial perspective, and a rock solid back up for Twice's money making machine!

Once ITZY started killing it, GOT7 were GONE7... they were no longer required by JYP and he could finally be rid of them.

What do others think makes sense or a load of total bullshit

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• Wait random thing that this thread made me realize...

I think this was the very first KPOP mv I watched

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Since I remember a YouTuber I watched regularly reacts to KPOP for the first time or something and I looked up this video because it was probably included in that reaction video.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Wait random thing that this thread made me realize...

I think this was the very first KPOP mv I watched

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Since I remember a YouTuber I watched regularly reacts to KPOP for the first time or something and I looked up this video because it was probably included in that reaction video.

Classic song :-D

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

• Got 7 fans have been complaining about JYP for years. I never took them seriously at first but as time went on, the ginormous size of his ego became crystal clear. I wouldnt discount the possibility that he sees himself as competing against his own BG for female attention.

The man is even older than me and still thinks he's an idol. Like wut? lol. Kpop is targeted towards literal tweens and teens, why in god's name would any 13 year old wanna watch a man old enough to be their grandfather gyrating around on stage??

JYP needs to focus on what he does best...creating GGs and making bangers.

• You are right with ITZY. JYP never planned or thought they become as big as they are now. They suppossed to be the side group like FX was to SNSD. But they are becoming more successful than Twice now and their future is so bright. I hope JYP/Division 2 ain't messing with ITZY's potential massive stardom

Division 2 has for years neglected GOT7 and barely gave them promotion or acting jobs or anything for nearly 3 years. I guess because Twice made more than them. So, JYP mainly focused on Twice.

Twice is also on a decline and JYP is already focused on new boy group and 'american girl group with Lily M' .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!