Are Morning Musume the best dance formation girl group in Japan?

• Hello, I've been a fan of Morning Musume since 2007 they were the group to get me into the whole Asian Music scene and still to this day I say they are one of the best groups out there when it comes to dance formations. Especially the new generation and they went/are still through a EDM phase which only made there dance formations more complicated. What do you all think?

• BlissBoo

Changed the title of the thread from “Are Morning Musume best dance formation girl group in Japan?” to “Are Morning Musume the best dance formation girl group in Japan?”.
  • Their latest years and songs have not been that fun, they where better a couple of years ago with Brand New Morning and the years before that.

When it comes to the dance, well, maybe they are one of the must skilled dance formation, but their choreography are not always the must fun.

• Hello, I've been a fan of Morning Musume since 2007 they were the group to get me into the whole Asian Music scene and still to this day I say they are one of the best groups out there when it comes to dance formations. Especially the new generation and they went/are still through a EDM phase which only made there dance formations more complicated. What do you all think?

I love them a lot when it comes to dance and to their stages but I feel Perfume and Baby Metal have them beat by just a hair. Perfume mostly as they jumped onto the EDM/Dubstep thing in 2008 and continued to do it in extremely unique ways after the trend died down and their stages are insane

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Twice-Tokyo-Sig.gif

• Their latest years and songs have not been that fun, they where better a couple of years ago with Brand New Morning and the years before that.

When it comes to the dance, well, maybe they are one of the must skilled dance formation, but their choreography are not always the must fun.

I do agree there, the MVs are not as fun anymore and kind of predictable now. I think the fun bit ended after MM'16.

• I love them a lot when it comes to dance and to their stages but I feel Perfume and Baby Metal have them beat by just a hair. Perfume mostly as they jumped onto the EDM/Dubstep thing in 2008 and continued to do it in extremely unique ways after the trend died down and their stages are insane

I'm a huge Perfume fan, no queastion they are best jpop girl group. But their dance and stage choreography I feel sometimes can be a bit repetitive. I wish they could have a bit more variation sometimes, but maybe hard with only three members.

• I'm a huge Perfume fan, no queastion they are best jpop girl group. But their dance and stage choreography I feel sometimes can be a bit repetitive. I wish they could have a bit more variation sometimes, but maybe hard with only three members.

I can understand that, I sometimes wonder what would happen if Yuka stayed with the group :?

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Twice-Tokyo-Sig.gif

• I can understand that, I sometimes wonder what would happen if Yuka stayed with the group :?

I forgot about Yuka :S:S

She got married last year to. I'm glad to see she is doing OK. Yeah it'd be really cool if we could see her again maybe a reunion or something.

• I forgot about Yuka :S:S

She got married last year to. I'm glad to see she is doing OK. Yeah it'd be really cool if we could see her again maybe a reunion or something.

She has been gone for a little over 10 years out of the 20+ years of the group so it is understandable. I would love to see her comeback even if for a one off concert too. :saint:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Twice-Tokyo-Sig.gif

• To evaluate a formation, in my opinion, complicity, precision and creativity must be considered. Recent SKE48 possibly has better formation. Perhaps, they are groups even better than SKE48 that I don't know about.

I love them a lot when it comes to dance and to their stages but I feel Perfume and Baby Metal have them beat by just a hair. Perfume mostly as they jumped onto the EDM/Dubstep thing in 2008 and continued to do it in extremely unique ways after the trend died down and their stages are insane

How can superior your formation be when you have 3 members?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!